Vendors of Linux boxes (w/ Linux installed.)

Vendors of Linux boxes (w/ Linux installed.)

Post by Alan M. McKenn » Wed, 11 Oct 1995 04:00:00

    [ this is my second try to post this.  sorry if you saw it already. ]

    I would like to buy a computer with Linux already installed.
I have seen some vendors' adverti*ts in the _Linux_Journal_,
but don't know how reliable they are, or whether there are
other, perhaps better vendors.

    The vendors I saw were:

    Fintronic
    SW Technologies
    Promox Systems

    What experiences have you all had with them?
    Are there other vendors I should consider?

to the net.

    For what it's worth, I will be using the system for TeXing,
number crunching, and connecting to the Real Computers I use
at work.  Thus, I want (a) fast CPU, (b) lots of memory, (c) lots
of disk, (d) high-res. *B/w* monitor, and (e) fast modem.

Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.hardware,comp.os.linux.misc
Subject: Vendors of Linux boxes (w/ Linux installed.)
Date: 4 Oct 1995 16:50:57 -0400

--

Courant Institute,NYU,USA     ...!cmcl2!cims.nyu.edu!mckenney   (UUCP)
--

Courant Institute,NYU,USA     ...!cmcl2!cims.nyu.edu!mckenney   (UUCP)

1. Looking for vendor for a Linux box

I'm looking to buy/build a barebones box to run as a Linux server.  I'd
order from trusty old Gateway, but everything always comes with Win98 and
Office and all that stuff that's going to get erased anyway.

So I figure I just need a Pentium-ish system, but no graphics, no sound,
or any of that hoohah.  It's just gonna be a server sittin' there.

Anywhere in the Chicago NW 'burbs you can point at?  Or good mail order
places?

Thanks,
xoxo,
Andy

"It takes a teenage riot to get me out of bed today."

2. Newbie network configuration question. Networking doesn't work

3. Stable Linux Box Vendor?

4. small linux & 386SX / network

5. Linux Box vendors

6. oT: For the developers

7. install Linux on a running Linux box?

8. Newbie CD-ROM and setup problems

9. Cannot telnet into linux box (From WFWG to Linux Box)

10. Linux box + Speedtouch Pro router: how to do firewall on Linux box

11. Can Ping Windows Box, But Windows Box Can't Ping Linux Box

12. How to connect a linux box with a win95 box or OS/2 box?

13. RFD: comp.os.linux.hardware.vendors or comp.os.linux.forsale