Personal Finance Package

Post by ROBERT W. CASTLE » Thu, 02 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

Has anyone out there had any experience with a Personal Finance Package that
will handle Quicken Imports ???

If so, which package was it and where can I get it.

I am using RH 5.1.

Many Thanks,

Robert

Personal Finance Package

Post by Jason Cliffor » Fri, 03 Jul 1998 04:00:00

> Has anyone out there had any experience with a Personal Finance Package that
> will handle Quicken Imports ???

> If so, which package was it and where can I get it.

XACC is what you are looking for. It is not pretty but it does the job.

GnuMoney is the replacement for Xacc but it is still in early
development so you cannot get it yet.

You should be able to get xacc from sunsite.unc.edu.

Jason Clifford
Genesis Linux Systems
http://genesis.ukpost.com/

Personal Finance Package

Post by Christopher Brow » Fri, 03 Jul 1998 04:00:00

>> Has anyone out there had any experience with a Personal Finance Package that
>> will handle Quicken Imports ???

>> If so, which package was it and where can I get it.

>XACC is what you are looking for. It is not pretty but it does the job.

>GnuMoney is the replacement for Xacc but it is still in early
>development so you cannot get it yet.

>You should be able to get xacc from sunsite.unc.edu.

The other major alternative that has been quite stable for several years
is CBB, also being "obsoleted" by GnuMoney, whenever GnuMoney gets
released.

Various financial software packages for Linux, including these and more
are described at <http//www.hex.net/~cbbrowne/finances.html>

--
"Linux: the operating system with a CLUE...  Command Line User
Environment".  (seen in a posting in comp.software.testing)