Xinetd and message logging.

Post by Vwake » Tue, 06 May 2003 01:46:02

Hi Groups,

I have problems logging the messages from a service to a file instead of
the default syslogs. My service on /etc/xinetd.d/ looks like this

service s1
{
        log_type        = FILE /var/log/s1/s1.log
        disable         = no
        :::::::         :::::::
        log_on_success  += DURATION USERID HOST
        log_on_failure  += USERID HOST ATTEMPT

Quote:}

But the above configuration doesnt log any messages to this file, but
instead clogs my syslogs. Since this particular service runs every 10
minutes, its really annoying to browse thru my syslogs. I have necessary
priviledges to the dir specified and couldnt see any problems. Doesnt
this override the settings in Xinetd? Any ideas is appreciated. Thanks.

FYI,my /etc/xinetd.conf looks like this

defaults
{
        instances               = 10
        log_type                = SYSLOG authpriv
        log_on_success          = HOST PID
        log_on_failure          = HOST

Quote:}

includedir /etc/xinetd.d