RedHat 5.0, Japanese Keyboard

Post by Norberto Ei » Sat, 02 May 1998 04:00:00

Hello:

I installed RedHat 5.0 Linux in my notebook but it happens that the
keyboard is a 106-Japanese one. Does anyone know an easy way to make
the correct bindings? For most of the cases it works fine, but
especially the SHIFT codes, I have to guess the right positions of the
characters.

Thanks a lot in advance,

Eiji

--
Norberto EIJI Nawa      - M.Eng. student - Uchikawa Laboratory
  Dept. of Information Engineering - Graduate School of Engineering

1. URGENT HELP: Japanese user wants mail and staroffice in Japanese(Kanji)

A Japanese customer needs to open Office (Word) documents and exchange
email in Japanese characters (I understand it is Kanji).

I noticed that RH 7.2 comes with several packages related to Japanese
support but I don't know where/how to start.

RH72 would be installed in English [to make my tech-support life
easier :-) ], and then the user would read/send email in Japanese or
use Staroffice to read Word docs in Kanji characters.

I need help about where to start; basic and detailed info will be
appreciated, since I'm not familiar with the issues involved.

Redhat linux will be highly preferred since it standardized in this
environment. If there is a good solution with another linux distro,
please send info too.

Replies can be posted to the newsgroups directly or sent to my email
address.

Thanks.

2. Call back trace inside signal handler

3. Japanese ftp sites (was Re: Japanese editor for LinuX)

4. 1280x1024 NI and Stealth 32

5. Problem with japanese Keyboard key \ (yen key) on 2.5.68

6. FYI: The TROLL who posted in alt.os.win-xp was not me...

7. Japanese and English keyboard on 4.1.3?

8. fvwm help needed

9. Japanese keyboards and linux

10. japanese keyboards

11. support japanese JP106 keyboard on new console.

12. Japanese Powerbook Keyboard

13. Japanese keyboard on Red Hat 6.2