S3 Virge / DX Server

Post by marku » Tue, 16 Sep 1997 04:00:00

I've been searching like crazy, and I cannot find a server for the S3
Virge / DX chip on Diamond 2000 pro cards.

Any ideas where I might get one?

Cheers,

        Markus.

S3 Virge / DX Server

Post by Andy Stotha » Tue, 23 Sep 1997 04:00:00

: I've been searching like crazy, and I cannot find a server for the S3
: Virge / DX chip on Diamond 2000 pro cards.

: Any ideas where I might get one?

Isn't that chipset included in the XFree86 3.3 release (probably in the S3V
server. It definately includes support for other Virge chipsets)

Try looking at http://www.xfree86.org

Hope this helps..

Andy

1. S3 ViRGE/DX and S3 ViRGE/GX: is one better than the other?

On a friend's recommendation, I ordered an S3 ViRGE/DX video card for
the PC I am putting together. I received an S3 ViRGE/GX card instead.

Is one better than the other in general? Is one more compatible with
XFree86? Or are the two roughly the same, so that I should just keep
the GX card?

Thanks for your input,

Mike Decerbo

617-873-4443

2. How to get the Rand MH mail handler software

3. Textmode corruption with S3 ViRGE/DX X server

4. looking for cheap but quality CD-Writer (IDE or SCSI)

5. Help about X server on S3 VIRGE/DX 3000 with DSV3325DX graphic processor

6. -t in csh

7. X Server for S3 ViRGE /DX

8. 64 bit operations on PENTIUM under LINUX/GCC possible?

9. glquake with a S3 virge/dx card?

10. S3 ViRGE DX Problems

11. s3 virge Dx chipset& redhat

12. S3 Virge DX and no acceleration