ip routing in Mandrake 6.0

Post by ericwi.. » Mon, 12 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I have two NIC's in my linux machine (one is 10base the other
100base).  I'm trying to set it up so that I don't have to use 2 NIC's
on another machine (Windows 98/2000).  I've been messing with routing
in netconf and here is the best I could get:
     I can ping both NICs on the linux machine, but nothing else on the
10 base side (ie, the internet)

Here is my system information
Linux:

Mandrake 6.0
10base
IP 209.163.146.42
GW 209.163.146.1
NM 255.255.254.0

100base
IP 100.100.100.100
NM 255.255.255.0

I'm trying to set the 100base's GW to 209.163.146.42 and have it
forward to 209.163.146.1

Any information on what to use for this would be helpful.

Eric

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. No Route to Host: Linux-Mandrake 6.0 (kppp/pppd)

Ever since I installed Linux Mandrake 6.0 (running kppp/pppd), I have
gotten very strange performance from my internet connection in Linux.
Under Windows, the same modem and phone line work fine.  Under Linux,
roughly half of my sites will report back as "No Route to Host" -- others
work fine, although links within these sites suffer the same fate as any
link I enter.

Since this modem and line work fine in Windows, the problem lies (duh) in
Linux, and my assumption has been that it is in pppd options.  I have
attempted most (if not all) options that I can think might affect this --
obviously without success.

I am running a no-name 33.6kbps internal modem configured as /dev/ttyS1.
The modem is PnP capable, but I have it jumpered to 2F8h, IRQ3.
Dialing and connecting to several ISP's causes no problem.

Initially I blamed this on BellSouth (they're always mucking up the phone
lines around here).  But since it works OK under Windows....

Any suggestions/comments/emotional outbursts would be
welcomed/considered/tolerated.

                    http://www.searchlinux.com

2. TCP/IP Question

3. Adding Fonts to X in Red Hat 6.0 / Mandrake 6.0

4. Network server reaching unexpected throughput limit

5. RH 6.0 and Mandrake 6.0

6. import of calendar from outlook 2001

7. RH 6.0 vs. Mandrake 6.0

8. Opinions on best window Manager (FVWM2, KDE, GNOME, etc)!!!

9. ethernet failed on install with mandrake 6.0 (RH 6.0)

10. IP Routing with RedHat 6.0 - I HATE IPCHAINS!

11. IP Accounting doesn't work for PPP dial-ins :-(( ??

12. policy routing (routing based on source IP)