help with Class Based Queuing (CBQ)

Post by Hung Ngoc La » Mon, 09 Jul 2001 11:03:53

Hi everyone,

I feel like an idiot for the past two weeks.  I have this
problem and I don't know what to do.

I have a home network that is connected the Internet via
a Linux gateway.  This gateway has 2 NIC with external
IP to be 129.174.1.13 and Internel IP to be 172.16.1.254.
Clients from the Internal network access the Internet via
ipmasquerading (aka iptables).  Everything is working
great.  The linux box I am running is RedHat 7.1 with
Kernel 2.4.5.  I would like to mess around with Class
Based Queuing (CBQ).  I would like to be able to
prioritize the traffics to both outbound and inbound
traffic to my network. I connect my home network to
the Internet via SDSL connections (256kbps up/down).
I would like to be able to reserve 64k for telnet application,
128k for http application, and 64 for ftp application.
I understand that this can be done at the Linux gateway
through CBQ.  For the past 2 weeks, I have been reading
all the documentation related to CBQ but I still don't know
how this work.  I am relatively new to linux but I do know
how to recompile the kernel among other things but this
CBQ is really frustrating me.  If anyone has done this
before, please show me how this can be done.

Very grateful for your help.

Hung Lai

1. help with Class Based Queuing (CBQ)

[...]

2. Canon printer on Sun

3. Probe lpt port

4. set -A and awk problem

5. help on how-to setup Class-Based Queueing (CBQ)

6. help! Errors in the flock?

7. Fax modems -- class 1, class 2, class 2.0 -- whats going on?

8. Class A and Class C IP Addresses on one PC help please

9. queue system for > 40 middle class machines ?