screendump?

Post by Jim Showalt » Thu, 06 Feb 1997 04:00:00

   Does anyone know of a way to do a screendump to printer or file in
Linux?  And/or from Xwindows?  Or at least from Netscape?

   I want to capture some pictures from the "Refrigerator Art Contest"
site at "htttp://www.seeusa.com/refrigerator/index.html".  But all I
get when saving to a file from Netscape is a html file sans the
graphics. :-(

--

screendump?

Post by Gregory Dean Dearin » Thu, 06 Feb 1997 04:00:00

>    Does anyone know of a way to do a screendump to printer or file in
> Linux?  And/or from Xwindows?  Or at least from Netscape?

Netscape will print and save documents as postscipt.  If the
File:Print option doesn't work for you, go to 'Save As' and then look
for something like 'Format for Saved Document'.  Set this to
postscript and you have a nice *.ps file.

--
Greg Dearing
Email: dearing.2osu.edu

screendump?

Post by Jim Showalt » Fri, 07 Feb 1997 04:00:00

:
: >
: >    Does anyone know of a way to do a screendump to printer or file in
: > Linux?  And/or from Xwindows?  Or at least from Netscape?
:
: Netscape will print and save documents as postscipt.  If the
: File:Print option doesn't work for you, go to 'Save As' and then look
: for something like 'Format for Saved Document'.  Set this to
: postscript and you have a nice *.ps file.
:
Ok, but I don't have a post-script printer (just an old Panasonic dot
matrix).  So how can I view graphics in a post-script document?

: --
: Greg Dearing
: Email: dearing.2osu.edu

--

screendump?

Post by Tomas Christian Jense » Tue, 11 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Try xv

> :
> : >
> : >    Does anyone know of a way to do a screendump to printer or file in
> : > Linux?  And/or from Xwindows?  Or at least from Netscape?
> :

> --

1. screendump /dev/vcs* error

Hi,

I used to call the "screendump" program to take snapshots from my desktop.
But suddenly it stopped working, I get this error message:

root:(/root)/# screendump
Could not use /dev/vcs*, trying TIOCLINUX
TIOCLINUX: Invalid argument
couldn't read /dev/vcsa, and cannot ioctl dump

I have no clue what this means and would appreciate any hints on what is
wrong. I might have updated som RPM files since it worked last time, but
everything else seems to work fine.

regards,
 Erik Brenn

RH6.1 (with some 6.2 RPMs installed, )
kernel 2.2.15-2.5.0
XFree 3.3.5

--
Erik Brenn
Blom Nusantara

Registered Linux User #205570
     (Registered at: http://counter.li.org)

___________________________
We are exhibiting at OI2001 - Americas.
Please visit us at Booth # 206.
For more information visit
http://www.oiamericas.com

2. Question about curses!

3. SCreendump in Xterm

4. Sendmail will not put fgdn in From: field

5. How can I convert X-window screendumps to tiff,gif or jpeg

6. Linux/X11 and Nvidia Geforce2 Go

7. Screendump: How?

8. Skew Clock

9. Capturing X screendumps

10. Is there a screendump like program for linux?

11. screendump and screenload

12. pixrect / screenload / screendump available for Solaris 2.x

13. Linux Screendumps?