Four IDE Drives Under Linux

Post by Norman Moo » Thu, 30 Nov 1995 04:00:00

es:
:>
:>Hello,
:>   I'm looking for any info on using four IDE hard drives under Linux. I have a
:>system with currently three drives. I'm using a Promise VESA IDE caching
:>controller card that works fine under windows 95. It has it's own BIOS and
:>Win95 drivers. I can access the first 2 drives under linux but not the third.
:>The first two drives (master and slave) are on one bus using interupt 14 and
:>the third drive is on the second bus using interupt 15. My motherboard bios
:>doesn't support 4 drives (only two)..this is why I'm using the Promise card
:>with it's own bios. Do I need specific drivers for the promise card?..A kernel
:>upgrade?..Or something else? Thanks!
:>--

     I don't know the exact command but you might try passing the card's
name and I/O address to lilo at boot time...just a thought.

 ...Good Luck,

 ...Norm

|   Norman Moore                   |   Although I LOVE my Country...  |
|   Rockville, Maryland  USA       |                                  |