Linux AXP seller?

Post by Byron Fab » Tue, 30 Jul 1996 04:00:00

I'm pondering a Dec ALPHA board..  (one of the 166Mhz models).

Anybody have comments?  Anybody know of the current price and/or sellers?

Thanks
Byron
--
An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes, which can be made, in
a very narrow field. - Niels Henrik David Bohr (1885-1962)

Linux AXP seller?

Post by Robert Van Za » Tue, 30 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>I'm pondering a Dec ALPHA board..  (one of the 166Mhz models).
>Anybody have comments?  Anybody know of the current price and/or sellers?

     I did the same, and decided against buying one.  Not that there
was anything wrong with it, just that (a) I don't need all the builtin
stuff, already have it on ISA cards, and (b) the performance seemed
a bit slim for the buck.  Rumor is that it will 'feel' Pentium
75-120ish.

     Cheapest I've found them is Optional Systems Resources in Phoenix
at 800-282-0040, ask for Tim, part number is VX40L-FS2.

good luck,
bob

Linux AXP seller?

Post by Robert Van Za » Tue, 30 Jul 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>     Cheapest I've found them is Optional Systems Resources in Phoenix
>at 800-282-0040, ask for Tim, part number is VX40L-FS2.

    Forgot to mention the important part, tell him you saw it for
$689 on the internet, otherwise the price will be $1900, or some
such nonsense.  Apparently that's what this outfit recently advertised
it for in a magazine, and will quite happily sell it for that price.

bob

1. Q: Good Linux Computer System Sellers

I have a bunch of VARs listed at:
<http://www.hex.net/~cbbrowne/linuxcommercial.html>

It would be entirely unsurprising to see a posting in the near future
indicating that Linas Vespas has "created a list of VARS" much as he
has recently "created a list of accounting software" and "created a
list of database packages."  But you heard it here first...
--

take you today?  A: Confutatis maledictis, flammis acribus addictis...

2. Boot problems

3. Incredible News: Linux is a best seller!!!

4. Removing '/' from HPUX tar

5. good Linux-aware system seller?

6. daemon pppd

7. LINUX cdrom sellers in Madras/Chennai (India) ??

8. Compiling kernel 2.0.30 problems.

9. Linux/AXP Progress Report posted to comp.os.linux.announce

10. Barnes & Noble Best Seller List

11. Re-Sellers

12. Weird time() effect in linux/AXP

13. LAN for P5 Win 95 box, and AXP RH 4.0 Linux box