?updatedb: @find@: command not found???

Post by msh.. » Tue, 29 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I am getting messages to root (from cron) saying that updatedb
could not run. When I try to run updatedb manually, I get the
following error:

updatedb: new database would be empty

on my disk or is this some sort of Perl shorthand for /usr/bin/find
and /usr/bin/frcode that's is not working properly?  I've looked

I don't see any info in updatedb to indicate that I'm to <replace>
these with my own paths, etc.

Any ideas are of course greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Mark Shacklette

Post by Zenon Fortu » Tue, 29 Aug 1995 04:00:00

>I am getting messages to root (from cron) saying that updatedb
>could not run. When I try to run updatedb manually, I get the
>following error:

>updatedb: new database would be empty

>on my disk or is this some sort of Perl shorthand for /usr/bin/find
>and /usr/bin/frcode that's is not working properly?  I've looked

>I don't see any info in updatedb to indicate that I'm to <replace>
>these with my own paths, etc.

You can find the Jim Van Zandt's patch to correct the updatedb
script in ftp.netcom.com:/pub/ze/zenon/linux/tmp/SimpleFixes2.2.0

        Zenon

1. Need to find vi command to remove ^H from command man find > find.txt

hi there,

Q1: i need to find out the vi command needed to change all occurences of
some character followed by a backspace to nothing.  that is to remove the ^H
sequence created by the following command man find > find.txt .
Q2:can sed perform the same task as vi?

Q3:what would be the command also for sed ?

thanks.

Iskandar

2. 20 years into the future

3. updatedb: @find@ can't find .......

4. Where to get RedHat 3.0.3?

5. 'Find' 'Updatedb' or find database replacement for Solaris 2.X?

6. How to set environment variables for a web client?

7. Help with updatedb, (can't find @find@ or @frcode...)

8. Driver request

9. updatedb and /proc/self/fd/4 file not found?

10. Need to find info on the 'FIND' command

11. find command to find files of a certain date

12. "find" command to find file on specific date?