arp command does not work!

Post by Gustavo Mende » Fri, 19 Jan 1996 04:00:00

When I try to map an hardware address to an IP address with the
arp command:

arp -s 210.48.64.21 00:00:C0:01:68:75 pub

it dosen't work, then I do it the same in a SunOS machine
and works.

can anybody tell me.
Is there a bug in the arp command in Linux?
Is there a new release of the arp command for Linux?

Thanks a lot

1. Translating ARP commands from linux syntax to dos command prompt

Hi all!

Can someone please help me translating following ARP commands to dos,
so I can run then from command prompt in win98.

IPADDRESS=212.186.161.144
MODEMMAC=00:00:ca:11:fa:ee
DEVICE=eth1
FGATEWAY=10.10.10.0

arp -s $FGATEWAY $MODEMMAC -i $DEVICE
arp -s $IPADDRESS $MODEMMAC -i $DEVICE

route add -net $FGATEWAY netmask 255.255.255.0 dev $DEVICE
route add default gw $FGATEWAY dev $DEVICE

route del default gw $FGATEWAY dev $DEVICE
route del -net $FGATEWAY netmask 255.255.255.0 dev $DEVICE

Thanks a lot and greetings......Sam

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. flaw in interrupt-handler - 2.5.69

3. Proxy-arp command not working

4. CDRs I burn in Windows NT server are not readable in Linux

5. I can not get ARP to work, even though /proc/net/arp is correct!

6. All sound files play at 1/2 speed???

7. arp command dosen′t work!

8. copy_to_user check for sgiserial

9. To ARP or not to arp ...

10. Thunderbird client working, but "mail" command (shell) not working from terminal window

11. Proxy arp not working in Linux

12. Arp and sliplogin not working, HELP!

13. does proxy arp not work in solaris 2.3 or 2.4?