trouble, root mounted read-only

Post by gabe.. » Mon, 19 Feb 1996 04:00:00

I am having trouble booting my new 1.3.64 kernel from
a floppy.  The new kernel mounts my root partition (/ )
as a read-only partition.  All attempts at handling
the /etc/mtab, /etc/utmp, /etc/wtmp, files fail.  (They
are deleted, moved, and recreated by my init program.)

Everything works fine when I go back to my good old
kernel 1.2.8 .

kernel 1.3.64
gcc    2.7.2
libc   5.2.18
ld.so  1.7.14
binutils 2.6.0.2

Any comments or advice are greatly appreciated.  Post or

                thanks, bill e.g.

1. Root mounted as read-only!

Hi,

  I've been using Linux for several weeks.  Today a bizzare thing happened:
the hard disk was mounted as read-only, and I can no longer start Xwindows.
How does linux mount disks at boot time?  I would appreciate your help.

2. Samba and file access

3. VFS: mounted root read-only

4. Redhat on compaq prosignia vs

5. Root mounts read-only

6. I need help

7. How to mount root read-only and please e2fsck?

8. LILO installation error

9. Slackware root floppy mounted read-only.

10. Root file system mounted read-only

11. hekp - root mounted as read-only doesn't allow logins...

12. HELP? Root partition mounts Read-Only SLS2.0

13. Root partition mounted read-only when ?