postsrcipt utility wanted

Post by Stefano Ghirlan » Tue, 23 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Hi,
I seem to remember that there was a utility that takes a .ps file and
outputs the same file but "squeezed" so that two pages in the original are
put side to side to make up one page only...
any hints?
thanks, Stefano

--
 Stefano Ghirlanda, Zoologiska Institutionen, Stockholms Universitet
    Office: D554, Arrheniusv. 14, S-106 91 Stockholm, Sweden

   Support Free Science, look at: http://rerumnatura.zool.su.se

postsrcipt utility wanted

Post by Jacob C Gladis » Tue, 23 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> Hi,
> I seem to remember that there was a utility that takes a .ps file and
> outputs the same file but "squeezed" so that two pages in the original are
> put side to side to make up one page only...
> any hints?
> thanks, Stefano

        it's "enscript" You can get the source from metalab.unc.edu via ftp. I
can't remeber what directory it's down, maybe packages..I'm not sure.
Browse the man page for details.

jake

postsrcipt utility wanted

Post by Bob Tenne » Tue, 23 Feb 1999 04:00:00

 >I seem to remember that there was a utility that takes a .ps file and
 >outputs the same file but "squeezed" so that two pages in the original are
 >put side to side to make up one page only...

pstops, mpage

Bob T.

postsrcipt utility wanted

Post by Alex Butch » Tue, 02 Mar 1999 04:00:00

>> Hi,
>> I seem to remember that there was a utility that takes a .ps file and
>> outputs the same file but "squeezed" so that two pages in the original are
>> put side to side to make up one page only...
>> any hints?
>> thanks, Stefano

>    it's "enscript" You can get the source from metalab.unc.edu via ftp. I
>can't remeber what directory it's down, maybe packages..I'm not sure.
>Browse the man page for details.

Or mpage...

Quote:

--
Alex Butcher   Using Linux since '95 - because windows are too easy to break.
Berkshire, UK  URLBLAST:slashdot.org:www.freshmeat.net:www.dejanews.com:

1. Postsrcipt for Ghostscript Filters

I'm trying to find a filter that will print text or postscript
using ghostscript when sent to my printer.

I have a filter that prints postscript only and works great,
but is there one that will do magic for plain text and postscript?

Thanks.

"One likes to believe in  |
 the freedom of E-mail"   |

2. New or Revised TAs on websco, 961029

3. WANTED: recommendations for backup utilities

4. PS2 Mouse wheel

5. Wanted: GNU utility (similar to sed) to edit text files directly.

6. XV program

7. Wanted: Utility to write IBM tapes

8. AVA 1502 scsi isacard for microtek

9. makeuser utility wanted

10. Auto X screenlock / console logout utility wanted

11. WANTED: Memory Test Utilities

12. wanted: utility to extract lines by

13. ufsdump-like utility wanted