netscape & smtp

Post by Chris Szilagy » Thu, 02 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I was wondering if anybody has been having a problem with Netscape Mail
4.7 and sending out mail.  Whenever i send out a message larger than 10k
or so, Netscape Mail hangs when it says "Message Sent.  Waiting for
reply...".  If i send a really short message, it goes right through.
I have tried 3 smtp servers and get the same results.  I'm on a dialup
connection.  If anybody has experienced the same problems or has any
ideas, I'd greatly appreciate them!

Thanks.

netscape & smtp

Post by Robert Kieslin » Thu, 02 Dec 1999 04:00:00

What kind of modem are you using?  It happens for me using a Xircom
PCMCIA modem, but uploads work okay with an external Zoom modem.  I
think it's because there's some type of compression that's coming into
use... I don't know enough about NT servers to give you a better
answer.

--

netscape & smtp

Post by Chris Szilagy » Thu, 02 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I am using a Viking 33.6 PC card modem.  The modem has always worked in the
past (i had RH 6.0 before and it worked fine). Hmmmmm.....

> What kind of modem are you using?  It happens for me using a Xircom
> PCMCIA modem, but uploads work okay with an external Zoom modem.  I
> think it's because there's some type of compression that's coming into
> use... I don't know enough about NT servers to give you a better
> answer.

> > I was wondering if anybody has been having a problem with Netscape Mail
> > 4.7 and sending out mail.  Whenever i send out a message larger than 10k
> > or so, Netscape Mail hangs when it says "Message Sent.  Waiting for
> > reply...".  If i send a really short message, it goes right through.
> > I have tried 3 smtp servers and get the same results.  I'm on a dialup
> > connection.  If anybody has experienced the same problems or has any
> > ideas, I'd greatly appreciate them!

> > Thanks.

> --

1. netscape & smtp

I was wondering if anybody has been having a problem with Netscape Mail
4.7 and sending out mail.  Whenever i send out a message larger than 10k
or so, Netscape Mail hangs when it says "Message Sent.  Waiting for
reply...".  If i send a really short message, it goes right through.
I have tried 3 smtp servers and get the same results.  I'm on a dialup
connection.  If anybody has experienced the same problems or has any
ideas, I'd greatly appreciate them!

Thanks.

2. Permisssion denied

3. SMTP only listens on host.domain.com:smtp want *:smtp

4. Newbie PPP Configuration Issues

5. Non Netscape Proxy between Netscape Commerce Server & Netscape Browser

6. PPP problem while connecting

7. DNS & SMTP & POP Doubts

8. NTFS does not compile. (with gcc3.1)

9. stunnel & smtp & pop

12. &#27809;&#26377;&#20154;&#29992;&#20013;&#25991;&#21527;&#65311;

13. &&&&&& SUGGESTION ??? &&&&&&&&