Getting mail from Hotmail....

Post by Timoth » Mon, 13 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hi

When I was using windows, I had set up outlook express to get mail from my
Hotmail account so that I could read my mail offline.  I was wondering if
there was a similar way of getting mail in Linux for a web-based mail
account.  If not Hotmail, are there any other web-based mail accounts that
allow this?  Thanks......

Tim

Getting mail from Hotmail....

Post by Robert Sheski » Mon, 13 Sep 1999 04:00:00

    Timothy> Hi When I was using windows, I had set up outlook express
    Timothy> to get mail from my Hotmail account so that I could read
    Timothy> my mail offline.  I was wondering if there was a similar
    Timothy> way of getting mail in Linux for a web-based mail
    Timothy> account.  If not Hotmail, are there any other web-based
    Timothy> mail accounts that allow this?  Thanks......
The one for hotmail was abandoned by it's author, I think he got tired
of the constant changes. The only one I know off the top of my head is
netaddress. Look at freshmeat. I just got a new version with-in the
past week, its called NAMG.

--
Robert Sheskin

Replace "nospam" with "tidalwave" for email
ICQ 5788323
AIM RobertLS

Getting mail from Hotmail....

Post by Jill » Wed, 15 Sep 1999 04:00:00

This is not a linux question, sorry, but how did you configure Outlook
Express to get your hotmail mail?  I would find this very helpful.  Thanks.

>Hi

>When I was using windows, I had set up outlook express to get mail from my
>Hotmail account so that I could read my mail offline.  I was wondering if
>there was a similar way of getting mail in Linux for a web-based mail
>account.  If not Hotmail, are there any other web-based mail accounts that
>allow this?  Thanks......

>Tim

Getting mail from Hotmail....

Post by Jim Huan-Pu Ku » Thu, 16 Sep 1999 04:00:00

There is a software that enables outlook express to pop emails from hotmail
site. i forgot it's exact name.

you should be able to find out the information you need form www.hotmail.com

if that doesn't work, let me know.

>This is not a linux question, sorry, but how did you configure Outlook
>Express to get your hotmail mail?  I would find this very helpful.  Thanks.

>>Hi

>>When I was using windows, I had set up outlook express to get mail from my
>>Hotmail account so that I could read my mail offline.  I was wondering if
>>there was a similar way of getting mail in Linux for a web-based mail
>>account.  If not Hotmail, are there any other web-based mail accounts that
>>allow this?  Thanks......

>>Tim

Getting mail from Hotmail....

Post by Timoth » Sun, 26 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> There is a software that enables outlook express to pop emails from
hotmail
> site. i forgot it's exact name.

> you should be able to find out the information you need form

www.hotmail.com

Actually, outlook express 5 already allows you to pop emails from hotmail.
I was wondering whether there was software available for linux to do the
same thing.  Thanks.....  ;)

Tim

Getting mail from Hotmail....

Post by Timoth » Sun, 26 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> This is not a linux question, sorry, but how did you configure Outlook
> Express to get your hotmail mail?  I would find this very helpful.

Thanks.

This only works in outlook express 5.  When you create a new mail account,
it will give you the options of choosing a pop server or hotmail.  Just
choose hotmail.....  :)

1. Mail error from Hotmail message (was: patch-2.4.16-rmk1-iop310.1.gz)

I got this error in my mail software from this message:

    One or more message parts marked as
    was invalid for 7Bit decoding.

Could this be caused by the ASCII 0x05,0x05 in the hotmail signature?
What is it for?

--
 Chuck
 I am not a number!

3. Mail - and HOTMAIL

4. mirroring

5. Junk mail in Hotmail

6. SCO Multiboot

7. It is possible to make a web base mail like Hotmail or Yahoo

8. using mke2fs with 2940U and 4G Fujitsu Disks

9. retrieve mail form hotmail

10. No Hotmail or Yahoo Mail!

11. hotmail/free mail accounts

12. Cannot Receive mails from hotmail and Yahoo!

13. HELP: fetchmail gets stuck getting mail over PPP