Backup tool for Linux

Post by Guy Corba » Tue, 21 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Hello,

I'm looking for a good backup tool for Linux. Does anyone have a
suggestion ?

Regards, Guy Corbaz

Backup tool for Linux

Post by Scott Simpso » Tue, 21 Sep 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> I'm looking for a good backup tool for Linux. Does anyone have a
> suggestion ?

http://home.earthlink.net/~simpson3

Backup tool for Linux

Post by Donald E. Stidwel » Wed, 22 Sep 1999 04:00:00

> Hello,

> I'm looking for a good backup tool for Linux. Does anyone have a
> suggestion ?

> Regards, Guy Corbaz

Any number. Taper, BRU, Amanda, Kdat and the good old standbys - tar,
cpio, dump - Take your pick. My personal favourite is Taper on Linux and
on FreeBSD I just use plain ole tar.

Don

Backup tool for Linux

Post by Kirk R. Wyther » Sat, 25 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I have tried taper but I keep getting segmentation fault errors that crash
the program during the backup process. Any ideas?

Kirk

--
Kirk R. Wythers
Department of Forest Resources

Backup tool for Linux

Post by William B. Cattel » Sat, 02 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> Hello,

> I'm looking for a good backup tool for Linux. Does anyone have a
> suggestion ?

> Regards, Guy Corbaz

I looked around, used tar for a while but have switched to Arkeia.  It has
a nice GUI frontend, maintains a tape library, etc.  It is rather difficult
to get started with but once installed and jobs set it's very reliable and
very easy to do restores with.  There's a free version available for
home/personal use.  It's available at;

http://www.arkeia.com/

Bill
http://members.home.com/wcattell
Park not thy Harley in the darkness of thine garage, that it
may collect dust for want of being oft ridden. Ride thy Harley
with thy brethren, and rejoice in the spirit of the road.

1. Backup tools for Linux

Hello world:

I wonder if there is any backup tools for Linux besides cpio. I use dump
to perform backup on SUN workstations and it is very good backup tool. I
thought of tar but somtimes tar does not backup symbolic links. Also, I
have to backup my Linux PC to a remote SUN since I don't have a tape drive.
I don't know if cpio allow me to do that. I know that dump does allow me to
perform backup to a remote drive. I would greatly appreciate your time to
help me locate a handy backup tool. Thanks.
Kevin

2. TVI925 emulation

3. Which backup tool to backup huge filesystems to tape?

4. Core Dumping With Netscape

5. ANOUNCEMENT: zsplit, unzsplit: free linux tools to make a full drive image backup!

6. Can't run networking uless root

7. Linux floppy as NT backup/recovery tool (Norton Ghost killer?)

8. Soundblaster Live on Corel Linux

9. ANOUNCEMENT: zsplit, unzsplit: free linux tools to make a full drive image backup!

10. Backup admin tools for Linux.

11. Tools Tools Tools ... wanted

12. Stupid questions about linux dev tools and java dev tools

13. Coverage Analysis Tools/Software Testing Tools for Linux Apps