making term work

Post by Arma » Wed, 05 Jan 1994 15:04:24

i recently installed slackware1.1.1 and am having some difficulties
getting term to work properly... i would like to be able to run
term from my university account...

any 'quick fixes'??? i guess i'm looking for something preconfigured
that i can hack to work with my setup...

1. How to get telnet from my work to home machine with term working.

Hi there,

At work, I only have dail-in connections.  So before leaving I did
"tredir 4023 23".  When arriving at work, I tried telnet 127.0.0.1 4023, but
I got the standard three header lines, then "permission denied by
remote host".  (No login prompt...)  Unfortunately "trsh" only works to/from
TitanOS with the "-s" option, so the next thing I tried was "trsh -s 'tcsh -i'".
This also gave me a "tcsh permission denied error".  I also had simmular
problems with bash.  Finially I did "trsh -s 'tcsh'".  This worked
This got me onto the machine, but obcourse in a horrably ackward
format.  Also, when connecting I recieved two "Segmentation Fault" errors...
Every time I would try "tcsh -i" I would get the same permission denied
error.

My first guess is that it was the /etc/hosts.allowed file, so I copied
/etc/hosts.allowed to /etc/hosts (fortunately "su" worked).  However,
I was still stuck with the same errors.  My next guess is the problem was
due to "z29" not being defined in my termcap file.  So I created an
apropriate entry in /tmp/termcap.  However, "tupload /tmp/termcap -as
/tmp/termcap" hung my term connection.  So now I'm stuck until I return
home to reset the connection.

Anyways, the question is does anyone have any idea's why I obtained these
errors, and how I can fix them?  Normally term does a good job from
home --> work.  I was disappointed to have my first attempt at work -->
home go so badly.

                             Bill

2. Desknote a929 sis900 network driver problems

3. TERM works, then stops, then works! Please help.

4. assigning an irq

5. Making GTK work in the background while my app works in foreground

6. Any way to configure number of colors in X?

7. Making Lemacs term aware

8. Rendition Vérité

9. Making Ncftp Binaries with Term > 2.00

10. TERM: best way to send/receive mail over term?

11. Failed to connect to term socket '/home/sjw/.term/socket

12. Term: Failed to connect to term socket... HELP!

13. txconn hangs term link [term-2.0h]