.AVI player?

Post by Paul Christenso » Fri, 01 Dec 1995 04:00:00

Is there an .AVI player available for Linux?

.AVI player?

Post by John M Do » Tue, 05 Dec 1995 04:00:00

> : Is there an .AVI player available for Linux?

> xanim.  Sadly xanim can't be expected to keep up with MS's regular
> extentions to the AVI format, but older ones will work.

I have seen a dos mpeg player which makes a fair attempt at reading and
playing a raw stream from a CD-I video disc. Is there a Linux exquiv
anywhere? Would it be worthwhile writing one?

--

As the sun beats down, and I lie on the bench, I can always hear them
talk;

.AVI player?

Post by John Hartn » Tue, 05 Dec 1995 04:00:00

: Is there an .AVI player available for Linux?

xanim.  Sadly xanim can't be expected to keep up with MS's regular
extentions to the AVI format, but older ones will work.

     http://www.aston.ac.uk/~hartnupj/ | or you can save it until later...

.AVI player?

Post by Marcus Bake » Sat, 09 Dec 1995 04:00:00

: I have seen a dos mpeg player which makes a fair attempt at reading and
: playing a raw stream from a CD-I video disc. Is there a Linux exquiv
: anywhere? Would it be worthwhile writing one?

There's an mpeg player for both console and X somewhere in the
ftp.cdrom.com archives.

  http://mmm.mbhs.edu/~mbaker