NETSCAPE & X

Post by Larr » Mon, 02 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I just downloaded Communicator and set it up. Everything works fine
except when I click on the Netscape icon in X Netscape doesn't open in
the correct position according to the Geometry I have in .fvmw2rc95.

I have the geometry set at 630x479+1+1 but it comes up at different
anchoring locations each time. IOW, it may come up at +51+94 one time
and +41+65 another time. The height and width is right but not the
location.

Does anyone have any ideas as to how to remedy this situation?

Thanks
Larry

NETSCAPE & X

Post by Harald Meye » Mon, 02 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> except when I click on the Netscape icon in X Netscape doesn't open in
> the correct position according to the Geometry I have in .fvmw2rc95.

Try to set size and position in .Xresources

Netscape.Navigator.geometry: =630x479+1+1

Harald
--
9:29pm up 19 days, 10:01, 6 users, load average: 1.18, 1.17, 1.11
Help crack rc5   http://www.distributed.net    Team Slashdot.org

NETSCAPE & X

Post by Tim Mora » Mon, 02 Feb 1998 04:00:00

> I just downloaded Communicator and set it up. Everything works fine
> except when I click on the Netscape icon in X Netscape doesn't open in
> the correct position according to the Geometry I have in .fvmw2rc95.

> I have the geometry set at 630x479+1+1 but it comes up at different
> anchoring locations each time. IOW, it may come up at +51+94 one time
> and +41+65 another time. The height and width is right but not the
> location.

> Does anyone have any ideas as to how to remedy this situation?

I would try adding a line to your .Xdefaults file

Netscape.Navigator.geometry: =630x479+1+1

or something like that. Check the Netscape.ad file in your netscape
directory. There are a number of other things you can modify
as well, such as changing menu fonts. If you browse through old
postings in Netscapes own newsgroups you may be able to dig up ways
to modify other things. For example I made a Find button like
Navigator 3 has. (I've since switched from 4.04 to 3.04 and didn't
keep my notes.)
You can find the newsgroups at http://help.netscape.com/nuggies/

Regards,
Tim

1. Non Netscape Proxy between Netscape Commerce Server & Netscape Browser

When trying to access http://www.internet.net/ we received the following
error within Netscape:

Error 400
Invalid request "CONNECT www.internet.net:443 HTTP/1.0" (unknown method)

When accessing the page through Mosaic we get the page without any errors!

Looking further into this, we realized that the http site was using a Netsite-Commerce/1.0 server.  Another note is internally we access the outside
world using a proxy server(CERN). On further investigation, we realized
that our environment variable in Netscape, Security Proxy, was set to our
proxy server.  Yet our proxy server (CERN) does not offer any of the
security methods.

How can we enable the CERN Proxy server to be able to pass through Netscapes security queries?  Any information would be helpful!

                        Thanks,
                        Vicki.

2. development board

4. Using 2nd PC as terminal?

6. Linux And Total 128V

7. 没有人用中文吗?

8. Security

9. &&&&&& SUGGESTION ??? &&&&&&&&

10. Red Hat 5.0 & Netscape 4.04: Netscape out of memory error?

11. Hercules &&&&&& SVGA ?

12. PERL && mod_perl && FreeBSD && Apache

13. &&&&&& NEEED HELP COMPAQ AND XXXXXXXXXXX