2nd IDE Host/NEC CDR-260

Post by Erik Gre » Wed, 10 Aug 1994 09:59:07

    Greetings, all;

   I just got a new Gateway 486-66 at work, and it came equipped with a
NEC CDR-260 CDROM, which is supposed to appear as a second IDE HD under
DOS (it does, but with MSCDEX loaded and a NEC device driver).

   I was wondering if anybody had got one of these beasts to work under
Linux?  Does v1.1.35 of the kernel check for a second IDE host adapter?
Can it be made to?  Has anybody tried this with a similar device?

Thanks for any answers or comments in advance,
Erik Green

--

1. NEC IDE CDR-260

has there been a driver released for the
NEC CDR-260 IDE CDRom drive?
it's the CDROM drive that gateway gives with most of their systems.
thanks

2. Partition error: "no magic"

3. mount NEC CDR-260 (IDE CD-ROM) drive

4. rpm package installation issues.

5. NEC CDR-260 CD-ROM (Gateway IDE CD-ROM)

6. lp failure

7. NEC 2X IDE CD-ROM CDR-260 drivers?

8. Help using awk and bash script to copy and rename lots of index.htm files

9. NEC CDR-250 (not CDR-260!) Success Story

10. NEC CDR-260 Help needed...

11. Help! NEC CDR-260 CDROM not working

12. NEC CDR-260 -- CDROM

13. need old NEC CDR-260 driver