Colorado HP jumbo 250, tape formatting, and tape errors

Colorado HP jumbo 250, tape formatting, and tape errors

Post by Ralph Blac » Thu, 25 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Hi,

I have a tyan mother board with redhat linux 2.1 and Win 95 installed on
the same system.  I Lilo to start up Win94 or Linux.  A jumbo 250 tape
drive is present in the system and it is attached to the floppy cable.

On the Linux Redhat side, I have ftape installed on what ever version
it is.  I seem to remember its 2.x
I recently went to do a tar to the tape drive and it worked OK.
However when I went to do a big tar, I got tape errors.

Knowing that the tapes are susceptable to strecting and other problems,
I went over the Win/95 and tried to bring up the tape formatter and
guess what?
I got a BIOS error!

To format, Do I really have to get the new Win95 colorado backup
software,
or can I get tape.exe, as suggested by the ftape manual?
Also, where do I get tape.exe?

Also, is ftape3.x in rpm format?

Thanks

1. Linux & Colorado Jumbo 250 Tape Streamer problems

Hi, Linuxers

I have bought the YGGDRASIL cd-rom (release: fall '93) and I'm in trouble with it.

I have a tape drive (not SCSI) Colorado Jumbo 250 that uses standard
cassette DC2120 in QIC80 format. It works well when I use it with MsDOS.
But, when linux boots up, it claims there are not tape drives present on
the system (because it seems to search for SCSI tapes only).

I try some commands like "tar" but I'm not able to read or write
anything to the tape.
What can I do for storing data on QIC80 cassette with tar?

Any suggestion, out there?

Thanks,
Fausto

                              Fausto Brandola
                              ---------------------------------
                              Marelli Autronica, Torino - Italy

2. IP Checksum Offload

3. driver for Colorado Jumbo 250 Tape

4. Proxy ftp

5. Colorado Memory Systems Jumbo 250 Tape drive work with Linux?

6. Monthly FlashBack May, 1995

7. Colorado Jumbo 250 tape drive & LINUX

8. Setting up as an ISP

9. Looking for Colorado Jumbo 250 Tape device driver

10. Jumbo-250 Floppy Tape Drive Doesn't Like FujiFilm Tapes

11. HP Colorado Jumbo 1400 tape drive

12. HP Colorado Jumbo 1400 Tape drive...

13. Kernel bug - conflict with C-250 Jumbo Tape drive and Bus Mouse