RH 7.0 : change console text lines from 25 to 50 or higher ?

RH 7.0 : change console text lines from 25 to 50 or higher ?

Post by TrojanMa » Tue, 09 Jan 2001 03:44:39

is there a way to change no. of text lines on console from 25 to
something higher on Red Hat 7.0 ? 25 lines is just not enough.

There's nowhere in Red Hat 7.0 install and getting started guide
that describes how to change that. Also I did a search and found out
about the FreeBSD command "vidcontrol" but it is not availble in RH7.0.
(See I did my research before I bother the world......)
Thank you

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

Post by lenn » Tue, 09 Jan 2001 05:36:21

> is there a way to change no. of text lines on console from 25 to
> something higher on Red Hat 7.0 ? 25 lines is just not enough.

if you use lilo to boot....
change the line in /etc/lilo.conf
vga=whatever
vga=ask

run lilo
reboot
select a high number when asked

Post by Peter T. Breue » Tue, 09 Jan 2001 05:39:37

> is there a way to change no. of text lines on console from 25 to
> something higher on Red Hat 7.0 ? 25 lines is just not enough.

Boot with vga=ask.

Or look with man -k video | grep mode. ;-)

Or investigate the framebuffer device, so all this can be done
dyamically.

Peter

1. 25/50 Line Console Mode

Are there any doc's for making Linux VC's 50 lines?
I have found restoretextmode doesnt work properly.
It will give a screen with a font that is 50 rows,
but it skips 1 line so as to have 25 lines off the screen.
Any suggestions appreciated.
                 This message is solely from the mind of me.
Nothing contained represents mo.net, p-net, or any other group or association.

2. mountd core dump

3. NEWBIE: How do I increase console display from from 25 to 50 lines?

4. CRC error?

5. 50 lines in "default" text console?

6. ftp problems

7. 50-line text mode?

8. Looking for docs to Interactive UNIX ver. 3.0.1

9. 50-line text mode

10. 50 lines on VGA console?

11. LONDON City - C, Unix, SQL-Learn Investment Banking £25-50,000 + Bonus + Benefits

12. 50-line console mode

13. Question: How to get 50 lines on console