gnome main menu gone?

Post by Saender A. Clar » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I seem to have lost the gnome main menu  (footprint)

how do I get it back?

Also, when I try to minimize a window, it closes.  How do I reset this?

sandy

gnome main menu gone?

Post by asag » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I can help with the first problem, as it happened with me:

Go to the Control Centre.  Go to Panel.  Go to Menu.  For Programs, press
"In a submenu".  That should do it :)

Allison Sage

> I seem to have lost the gnome main menu  (footprint)

> how do I get it back?

> Also, when I try to minimize a window, it closes.  How do I reset this?

> sandy

1. Gnome Panel sub-menu Popup time in main menu

I have just installed Mandrake 8.0 with Gnome and I have a question
about the main menu in the gnome panel. When I pass the mouse over a
sub-menu, this sub-menu appears immediatly. This is annoying when I
want to access the top sub-menu item since I have to see all the
others appearing and dissappearing quite rapidly. Is there any way to
slow down the "time to appeareance" of the menu lists? Or can I simply
set it so that I have to click on a sub-menu to see its content? I
have read the gnome-panel help files, and I have tried to configure it
via the gnome control panel without success.

The gnome panel version is 1.4.0.2

Thanks!

2. Compilation problem with the 2.5.66 kernel

3. no gnome main menu with gnome and tcsh at suse 7.2

4. How to use USB Flash Disk ?

5. no gnome main menu with tcsh

6. Mesuring the bandwith usage

7. Main menu bar in GNOME disappear!

8. installing

9. Gnome desktop - missing main menu, everything......help

10. Getting a key to open the main menu in gnome?

11. Why are there items in main menu that cant be removed in menu editor?

12. I'm screwed!!! Gnome menu fonts GONE!

13. Slackware setup menu always goes back to menu