tcl-dp Package for linux? Anyone built it?

tcl-dp Package for linux? Anyone built it?

Post by Brent R. Ea » Wed, 27 Apr 1994 11:51:32

I am trying to add the tcl-dp3.1 package to my tcl/tk distrib.
The only problem is large amounts of conflicting definitions
in header files.

I was wondering if anyone else had done this work already?

The package gives extended TCP/IP control to tcl/tk.  There
are also nice utilities that allow you to setup a connection
and have a command launched when there is something ready at
the file descriptor, rather than trying to write a loop that
will do the infinite select command on a port.

Please help.

- Brent -

** Panic! Could not locate coffee - Operator halted **

Post by Jukka R|nk » Sat, 30 Apr 1994 19:23:36

: I am trying to add the tcl-dp3.1 package to my tcl/tk distrib.
: The only problem is large amounts of conflicting definitions
: in header files.

: I was wondering if anyone else had done this work already?

I got Tcl-DP compiled by just commenting out the conflicting
definitions from headerfile wich came with the packet. The
name of the file is dpInt.h. Conflicting types begin from accept
and end to recvfrom . I've also commented out all types beginning
with send.

This is what I remember I've done. My Tcl-Dp is 3.1. Remember
that tcl-dp to compile must have access to tcl and tk sources.
(See makefile for directory definitions)

--
Jukka R|nkk|

tcl-dp Package for linux? Anyone built it?

Post by Paul Bun » Sun, 01 May 1994 11:57:49

Yes, I was able to do it. If somebody is interested, I can mail diffs
(but as far as I remember it did not require extensive editing).

Paul.

--
[    Paul Bunyk, Ph.D. student (and part-time system administrator)     ]

[     (516)632-8060, Physics, SUNY - Stony Brook, NY, 11794-38000       ]

1. Problems building tcl-dp

Is there anyone out there that has successfully built tcl-dp?  I am
trying to compile the Zircon X irc client and it needs tcl-dp.  When I
try to build tcl-dp I get the following error while trying to compile
the tkAppInit.c file:

In file included from dpInt.h:77,
                 from tkAppInit.c:30:
/usr/include/sys/uio.h:33: redefinition of `struct iovec'

I have looked in all possible include files to try and find where that
structure may have been initially defined with no luck.

I have installed Linux slackware 3.0 so it's ELF.

-Matt

2. linux printing to "networked" serial printer

3. tcl-dp on Linux?

4. Problem with floppy

5. tcl-dp and term114?

6. gcc installation problem on 37T

7. Problems compiling groupkit & tcl-dp

8. process status

9. Trouble Compiling tcl-dp !!

10. TCL-DP compiling problems

11. Compiled tcl-dp

12. Problem compiling tcl-dp/running Zircon

13. tclX, tcl-dp, and Slackware 3.0