a bash/top problem---env problem?

Post by Jimmy Pendl » Mon, 15 May 1995 04:00:00

Well gee I was doing so well I thought. Read the little bit on env and
thought I would make things nicer for myself and put an editor in mail,
etc. Well someplace I screwed up. I know for a fact that before I started
that top worked as advertised (used it a lot settting up majordomo)but
now when I try it , I get a cleared screen with prompt at the top of the
screen.No indication of top executing. Now when I try to type I don't see
an echo of the letters, but bash executes them when I enter.If I type the
unseen letters csh to change shells, I can see typing both ways. I enter
bash and now its ok. If I try "top" again, it starts alll over. I compared
the printout of environement with env with another linux machine, same
installation and it looks the same.
    I know I must have messed up the environment, but so far the only
program I notice affected is top.

TIA for any help

Jim Pendley Sci.Dept. Imperial Valley COllege

Is there a proper fixed bash on any of the FTP sites out there?

I know there bash is on the usual sites but I don't know if they are
bugged or not :(

Regards,

Neil.

--

------------------------------------| Edinburgh, EH14 2DE, United Kingdom
**Domino: There`s nothing you can do when you`re the next in line: Domino**

2. SMTP authentication for outgoing mail?

3. Bash: How to invoke executable for bash with bashrc env setup?

4. find doesn't work as expected

5. #!/bin/bash vs #!/usr/bin/env bash

6. KNode won't launch from kicker panel (but launches fine from CL)

7. Solaris 9, bash SFW top Terminal Problem

8. Problem with mouse after hardware upgrade

9. X server problem: top few lines disappear of the top of the screen

10. type ahead problem in bash-1.12 & bash-1.13.4

11. Problems on top of problems....

12. #!/usr/bin/env bash

13. bash env HOSTFILE