Can't Resize or Move any windows from X Windows

Can't Resize or Move any windows from X Windows

Post by Chua Beng H » Tue, 03 Feb 1998 04:00:00

I tried to resize and move an active windows in my fvwm2, but couldn't.
Everytime I try it, I got kicked out of X windows.

Anyone knows what happened?? Please advice.

1. X-Window security: How to disallow window manipulation (closing, resizing, moving)

I've been asked to think about how to make a computer (running Linux or NT; the app runs
on both) airtight as a terminal in an exhibition area, where it is open to the public but
where it must not be possible to access anything but the application that is open on the
screen, or to close it, or do anything besides using that app. This is probably not very
difficult to do, seeing that the keyboard would be locked away anyway. In other words, all
you need to do is disable all the window controls that are accessible to the mouse (how do
you do that?) and then make sure that there is no 'Quit' function available within the
app, or if that's not possible, restart the app whenever it's being closed (run it from
inittab with respawn??) from within.

Does anyone have pointers to Howtos or FAQs or the like about this kind of thing?

Thanks, Frank

2. How to install the SYM53C8xxx driver with Redhat 6.1?

3. X-windows problem - can't move windows

4. video cards

5. How to resize/move windows thru kybd in Gnome?

6. NOTICE: voting@hut.fi temporarily disabled

7. cannot move or resize windows and icons after crash

8. PPP Login Failure..Need Help!

9. Help needed getting rid of window borders and window resize corners

10. fvwm2: how to move out of 'full screen' window?

11. afterstep -- can't find window resize options

12. how to recognise xterm's window resizing?

13. can't resize gnome windows