red hat or red hat

Post by James Youngm » Sat, 21 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Quote:

>The latest edition of the Running Linux companion cd set
>from O'Reilly is said to be based on Red Hat 3.03.
>So what's the difference between the Red Hat Red Hat and the
>O'Reilly Red Hat? Besides $25 and/or 2 CDs? The Red Hat Red Hat
>does have a lot more packages ... .

The Official Red Hat product comes with a manual and 30 days free support, plus
a warm glow.

--
James Youngman       VG Gas Analysis Systems |The trouble with the rat-race
 Before sending advertising material, read   |is, even if you win, you're

red hat or red hat

Post by Arthur D. Jeriji » Tue, 24 Sep 1996 04:00:00

>>The latest edition of the Running Linux companion cd set
>>from O'Reilly is said to be based on Red Hat 3.03.
>>So what's the difference between the Red Hat Red Hat and the
>>O'Reilly Red Hat? Besides $25 and/or 2 CDs? The Red Hat Red Hat
>>does have a lot more packages ... .

>The Official Red Hat product comes with a manual and 30 days free support, plus
>a warm glow.

...plus a license for the commercial Metro-X X server.

Quote:>--
>James Youngman       VG Gas Analysis Systems |The trouble with the rat-race
> Before sending advertising material, read   |is, even if you win, you're
>http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/47/227.html|still a rat.

--

  The opinions expressed in this message are my own and do
  not reflect those of my present or past employers.

red hat or red hat

Post by Stephen R. Figgi » Wed, 25 Sep 1996 04:00:00

: The Official Red Hat product comes with a manual and 30 days free
: support, plus a warm glow.

The O'Reilly product also comes with a manual and 30 days installation
support, the same as RedHat supplies.  Warm glow is optional.  What it
doesn't include is Metro-X.

--
Stephen R. Figgins

http://tech.ora.com/fig/

"Well, once again my friend, we find that science is a two-headed
beast. One head is nice, it gives us aspirin and other modern
conveniences,...but the other head of science is bad! Oh beware the
other head of science, Arthur, it bites!"
                                                --The Tick

red hat or red hat

Post by Donnie Barn » Sun, 29 Sep 1996 04:00:00

>: The Official Red Hat product comes with a manual and 30 days free
>: support, plus a warm glow.

>The O'Reilly product also comes with a manual and 30 days installation
>support, the same as RedHat supplies.  Warm glow is optional.  What it
>doesn't include is Metro-X.

I would like to disclaim that Red Hat may not include a "warm glow".
All "warm glows" that were shipped were done so in error.  If you
received a "warm glow", please return it in it's original package.
Failure to comply *could* result in a bill for the "warm glow".  I'm
not sure of the going rate for "warm glows", but given the current
state of the world I'd say demand is high and supply is short.  This
is sure to drive the prices up.

--Donnie -the luke-warm glow- Barnes

--
  Donnie Barnes      http://www.redhat.com/~djb        "Bah."

_Things You'd NEVER Expect A Southerner To Say_ by Vic Henley:
**  I hate the long version of ``Free Bird''.

7.1 installation?

Here's my problem:

Please help!

2. Need XF86Config timings for Viewsonic 17GS.

3. Problem logging in after upgradation from red hat 8 to red hat 9

4. Problems using Soundblaster 64 AWE in RH Linux 6.0 (A Solution!)

5. migrating from red hat 8.0 to red hat 9.0

6. Help! HTTP & Telnet performace problems

7. Installing Red Hat packages after Red Hat is already

8. Boot Error from fsck. Help!

9. The Red Hats are coming, the Red Hats are coming

10. Red Hat Piranha and Red Hat 7

11. "Official" Red Hat vs. Red Hat

12. Demonizing Red Hat (was: CodeWarrior for Red Hat Linux)

13. Red Hat 5.0 vs. Red Hat 5.1