Iomega 250MB zip drive for USB

Post by Franse » Tue, 09 May 2000 04:00:00

Is Iomega 250MB zip drive for USB supported by
RH6.1, and if so does anybody
know where I could get it to work?

----------------------------------
-Franses
----------------------------------

Post by aflinsc » Tue, 09 May 2000 04:00:00

> Is Iomega 250MB zip drive for USB supported by
> RH6.1, and if so does anybody
> know where I could get it to work?

For the most part, USB is not yet supported in Linux, and won't be
until the 2.4 kernel is out. If you need your USB zip drive to work
now, about the only option (that does not involve backports to the
2.2.xx kernels) is the Mandrake 7.1Beta distro (see
http://www.linux-mandrake.com/en/hydrobeta.php3 for details).
Personally, I keep my USB zip drive attached to a Win98 machine on the
network and just keep it shared, but I will upgrade to Mandrake 7.1
when it goes final (and gets out of beta status).