ACCUPOINT Mouse Question (Toshiba Laptop)

ACCUPOINT Mouse Question (Toshiba Laptop)

Post by Tim Bas » Mon, 21 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Currently, I'm using an external mouse on my Toshiba
Satellite.  Anyone know about a driver for the Accupoint
gizmo in the center of the keyboard?

Should I write a driver for it?  Or has one been written
(nothing in the kernel works for me)?

Tim

--
 Tim Bass, Senior Systems Engineer
 ValueRocket Labs

 http://www.valuerocket.com/

ACCUPOINT Mouse Question (Toshiba Laptop)

Post by Bryan C. Andre » Tue, 22 Apr 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Currently, I'm using an external mouse on my Toshiba
>Satellite.  Anyone know about a driver for the Accupoint
>gizmo in the center of the keyboard?

>Should I write a driver for it?  Or has one been written
>(nothing in the kernel works for me)?

Every Toshiba I have ever seen has the Accupoint as a PS/2 mouse. The kernel
level driver works just fine for it.

--

                                        Bryan C. Andregg

        "Oh yeah, down here I am the apotheosis of cool." -- Sewer Urchin

Post by JW. Denni » Tue, 22 Apr 1997 04:00:00

> Currently, I'm using an external mouse on my Toshiba
> Satellite.  Anyone know about a driver for the Accupoint
> gizmo in the center of the keyboard?

> Should I write a driver for it?  Or has one been written
> (nothing in the kernel works for me)?

Does your accupoint work under Dos/Windows.  Because My satellite
pro and many others have had a hardware problem with the accupoint.
From what I understand its basically a cable problem.  The cable
detaches.  This happened twice to mine, then they finally gave me a
new cable which fixed it permanently.  My guess is that this is not
widely circulated even through Toshiba's own tech support because its
just bad for business.  I spent a lot of time carrying around an
external mouse!!!

Otherwise, the accupoint should definitely be working with the PS/2
driver.   My system is dual boot Slackware-96/Windows-95, with the
new cable both systems are working fine.
--
James W. Dennis

Post by D. Richard Hip » Tue, 22 Apr 1997 04:00:00

> Currently, I'm using an external mouse on my Toshiba
> Satellite.  Anyone know about a driver for the Accupoint
> gizmo in the center of the keyboard?

On my Toshiba Satellite 110CS, the Accupoint thingy between
the H and G keys works just like a PS/2 mouse.  I just use the
existing PS/2 mouse drivers.