Knoppix to live stream (live talk radio)

Knoppix to live stream (live talk radio)

Post by Koebr » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 03:22:45

I'm a Windows person, but am using Linux more and more.
I currently have a Knoppix CD with a Cable connection, and am hoping
to be able to speak into my mic. into the soundcard, encode it (mp3)
and broadcast it to the World LIVE.

How on Earth do you do that?

I see services like Shoutcast, but then hear things about Icecast and
darkice.

Your help is much appreciated.
Thanks.

Post by Dave Mille » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 03:53:14

> I'm a Windows person, but am using Linux more and more. I currently have
> a Knoppix CD with a Cable connection, and am hoping to be able to speak
> into my mic. into the soundcard, encode it (mp3) and broadcast it to the
> World LIVE.

> How on Earth do you do that?

> I see services like Shoutcast, but then hear things about Icecast and
> darkice.

> Your help is much appreciated.
> Thanks.

Could this be what you're looking for?

http://linux.oreillynet.com/pub/a/linux/2001/03/30/streaming_linux2.html

HTH,
Dave

--
Microsoft Scandisk
------------------

To avoid seeing this message again, shut down your computer
by selecting 'Shut Down' from the 'Start' menu and install linux

Post by Koebr » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 11:05:33

> > I'm a Windows person, but am using Linux more and more. I currently have
> > a Knoppix CD with a Cable connection, and am hoping to be able to speak
> > into my mic. into the soundcard, encode it (mp3) and broadcast it to the
> > World LIVE.

> > How on Earth do you do that?

> > I see services like Shoutcast, but then hear things about Icecast and
> > darkice.

> > Your help is much appreciated.
> > Thanks.

> Could this be what you're looking for?

> http://linux.oreillynet.com/pub/a/linux/2001/03/30/streaming_linux2.html

> HTH,
> Dave

Dave,

This is awesome.  Thank you for your help.  I wasn't expecting "Real"
to be anywhere in the picture.
I must admit, and I hate to say it in this forum, I'm now wondering if
the same can simply be done in Windows.  I didn't find it, but I'd
appreciate a link should you have one :)
I actually have RealProducer, as well as other "audio" tools.

Again, your assistance is ... well ... nothing short of WOW.
Thanks.
Koebrah

Post by Dave Mille » Wed, 16 Apr 2003 19:41:22

>> > I'm a Windows person, but am using Linux more and more. I currently
>> > have a Knoppix CD with a Cable connection, and am hoping to be able
>> > to speak into my mic. into the soundcard, encode it (mp3) and
>> > broadcast it to the World LIVE.

>> > How on Earth do you do that?

>> > I see services like Shoutcast, but then hear things about Icecast and
>> > darkice.

>> > Your help is much appreciated.
>> > Thanks.

>> Could this be what you're looking for?

>> http://linux.oreillynet.com/pub/a/linux/2001/03/30/streaming_linux2.html

>> HTH,
>> Dave

> Dave,

> This is awesome.  Thank you for your help.  I wasn't expecting "Real" to
> be anywhere in the picture.
> I must admit, and I hate to say it in this forum, I'm now wondering if
> the same can simply be done in Windows.

Wash your mouth out;~)

Quote:> I didn't find it, but I'd
> appreciate a link should you have one :) I actually have RealProducer,
> as well as other "audio" tools.

> Again, your assistance is ... well ... nothing short of WOW. Thanks.
> Koebrah

You might find it's a bit more expensive using windows. The following link
to google brings up loads of stuff. I looked at the first few and they all
seemed to involve money!:

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%2Bstreaming+%...

Regards,
Dave

--
Microsoft Scandisk
------------------
Because your computer was not properly shut down, one or more
of your drives may contain errors.

To avoid seeing this message again, shut down your computer by
selecting 'Shut Down' from the 'Start' menu and install linux.

Knoppix to live stream (live talk radio)

Post by Koebr » Fri, 18 Apr 2003 06:54:23

Thank you, once again.
It's going to take me long time than I thought to dig into this.
Nonetheless, that initial article is very nice (re: Real).
I really appreciate your help.
Koebrah.

> >> Could this be what you're looking for?

> >> http://linux.oreillynet.com/pub/a/linux/2001/03/30/streaming_linux2.html

> >> HTH,
> >> Dave

> > Dave,

> > This is awesome.  Thank you for your help.  I wasn't expecting "Real" to
> > be anywhere in the picture.
> > I must admit, and I hate to say it in this forum, I'm now wondering if
> > the same can simply be done in Windows.

> Wash your mouth out;~)

> > I didn't find it, but I'd
> > appreciate a link should you have one :) I actually have RealProducer,
> > as well as other "audio" tools.

> > Again, your assistance is ... well ... nothing short of WOW. Thanks.
> > Koebrah

> You might find it's a bit more expensive using windows. The following link
> to google brings up loads of stuff. I looked at the first few and they all
> seemed to involve money!:

> http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=%2Bstreaming+%...

> Regards,
> Dave

1. Call 1-800-856-2469, LIVE LIVE LIVE 809-474-7588 code830

18+, 24hours, rates as low as $0.38/min

Hot, Young women want it NOW ----011-592-247-681
Gay, Bi, Bi-curious guys at -----809-474-7604

comp.unix.programmer

2. Sol 7 Certification Questions

3. Call 1-800-856-2469, LIVE LIVE LIVE 809-474-7588 code2311

4. uucp configuration problem.

5. Call 1-800-856-2469, LIVE LIVE LIVE 809-474-7588 code820

6. Redhat Install Fails - Help

7. Call 1-800-856-2469, LIVE LIVE LIVE 809-474-7588 code826

8. Vhost problems

9. No Sound: "Sound Blaster Live 5.2" & Knoppix 3.2

10. SB Live driver does SB Live Value?

11. Live IP to live IP router?

12. LIVE REAL AUDIO radio transmissions and Linux

13. video live streaming