Sony Vaio PCG NV-105 - anybody?

Post by R.H. » Tue, 17 Sep 2002 02:35:09

Hi,

I've had a few laptops running Linux and without any problems.
But this one suprised me from the start. Basicaly, the question is -
what protocol does the mouse on this machine use? I get such a *y
mess when I configure it for PS/2.
I couldn't find any references to that machine anywhere on the net and
at the usual "linux-laptops" places. Hang on, actually I found one but
it suggests to use PS/2 and no good to me.
If anybody has got this kind of machine I would like to know if I should
expect any more suprises :).

Thanks for any advice.

1. Sound On a SONY VAIO PCG-F340 Redhat 6.1

Hi

I have redhat 6.1 running on my F340 all works nicely except thesound
the redhat sndconfig utility locks up in some wierd loop and is
basically
usless.  I can load the nm256 module by hand and I can then play CD's
however wav's don't work - I just get static, ditto for realplayer.  Is
there a
fix or is there something obvious I am missing?

Regards Alastair

--
Those who are mentally and emotionally healthy are those who have
learned

2. How Can I get global variable information from SPARCompiler C++ 4,1 ?

3. Linux on a Sony VAIO PCG-XG9 notebook

4. Security Vulnerability in ftpd and ftp (rev.01)

5. Linux installation in SONY VAIO PCG-885.

6. Strange Severe Issue: chpass -s with non-existent shell wipes root pwd &....

7. Sony Vaio PCG-818, PCMCIA not working

8. Verizon DSL + RedHat 7.2 + RP PPPoE 3.2-3 = system hangs

9. X on Sony Vaio PCG-717C Laptop

10. 2.4.5-ac17 oops on Sony Vaio pCG-FX140

11. Sony Vaio GRT Series - PCG-GRT1002A - Input Please

12. X11 on Sony Vaio PCG-R600, Intel i830 chipset

13. Red Hat 8.0 installation crashes at the very beginning - Sony VAIO PCG-GRV516G, laptop, psyche