where can i find libgdbm.a

Post by Ard » Thu, 31 Oct 2002 04:15:45

On Tuesday 29 October 2002 20:04 a carbon-based life form known as Michael

Quote:

> I have an suse linux 7.2 installation and have now the problem that i
> want to install a source rpm.
> During linking the ld says it cannot find -lgdbm
> The gdbm package is installed and i can find the 'libgdbm.so*' libs
> But the linker seems to look for a 'libgdbm.a' lib when help is
> corrrect. Where can i get the lib?

> Michael
> --

I don't have suse but try the gdbm-devel package.
--

Why is it called tourist season if we can't shoot them ?

where can i find libgdbm.a

Post by Michael Heimin » Thu, 31 Oct 2002 05:12:37

[Remove de.soc.recht.misc]

Quote:> I have an suse linux 7.2 installation and have now the problem
> that i want to install a source rpm.
> During linking the ld says it cannot find -lgdbm
> The gdbm package is installed and i can find the 'libgdbm.so*'

gdbm-devel-1.8.0-282

Michael Heiming
--
Remove the +SIGNS case mail bounces.

where can i find libgdbm.a

Post by Holger Pollman » Thu, 31 Oct 2002 05:43:26

f'up to alt.suse.linux

Quote:> I have an suse linux 7.2 installation and have now the problem
> that i want to install a source rpm.

de.soc.recht.misc is a LAW newsgroup.

Your posting is completely offtopic here.

--

"Demn?chst ist Bundestagswahl, und ganz Deutschland hat Angst, sich zu
verw?hlen. Denn: als wir uns das letzte Mal verw?hlt haben, kostete uns

where can i find libgdbm.a

Post by Richard Adam » Thu, 31 Oct 2002 04:37:32

> I have an suse linux 7.2 installation and have now the problem that i
> want to install a source rpm.
> During linking the ld says it cannot find -lgdbm The gdbm package is
> installed and i can find the 'libgdbm.so*' libs But the linker seems to
> look for a 'libgdbm.a' lib when help is corrrect. Where can i get the
> lib?

http://at.rpmfind.net/opsys/linux/RPM/libgdbm.so.2.html

Quote:

--
Regards Richard

http://people.zeelandnet.nl/pa3gcu/

where can i find libgdbm.a

Post by christian Monter » Thu, 31 Oct 2002 21:33:38

> I have an suse linux 7.2 installation and have now the problem that i want
> to install a source rpm.
> During linking the ld says it cannot find -lgdbm
> The gdbm package is installed and i can find the 'libgdbm.so*' libs
> But the linker seems to look for a 'libgdbm.a' lib when help is corrrect.
> Where can i get the lib?

> Michael
> --

for what it worth...
if you need any library use http://www.rpmfind.net
you just write the name of the library and voila!
they show the package that have it inside...

good luck..

1. Where can I find libgdbm.so.2 ?

 * Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.misc,comps.os.linux.setup

My sendmail is looking for libgdbm.so.2 to run properly.  I've looked in
/pub/linux/libs on Sunsite and mirrors, and can't seem to find it.

Your help would be appreciated.

2. unix querry

3. Can't find libgdbm.so.2 or tind

4. Classic - "Arg list too long"-problem with find?

5. Where do I find libgdbm.so.1 for Perl 5.003?

6. Multi-column output?

7. Where to find libgdbm.so?

8. Problem with using XDR to decode and encode messages ??

9. Sendmail can't find libgdbm.so.2

10. perl doesn't find libgdbm Why?

11. sendmail can't find libgdbm.so.2

12. libgdbm.so.1 NOT found ???