GDB Trouble

Post by Co » Wed, 05 Jun 1996 04:00:00

Hi.

I got some trouble getting GDB to act acording to my wishes, I've compiled
a piece of code with the -g switch (using gcc), and when it makes a SIGSEGV
error in GDB it should then show me the exact line and procedure where it
made the error, at least more or less.
This doesnt happen, and instead I get a lot of garbage stuff, with no line
numbers, but a fake useless procedure name.
Can anyone explain to me why this is the case and/or tell me how to get rid
of this troublesome error ?

A little system info:
  gcc 2.7.2
  make 3.74
  gdb 4.14
  Linux 1.3.32
  The system has 64 megs memory and runs on a Intel Pentuim processor.

Regards,
Rasmus R?nlev.

I would allso appreciate a carbon copy of replies to my E-mail address, as
my news/usenet provider has a tendency to delete some messages once in a

--
d.
--

GDB Trouble

Post by Jan Arne Fagertu » Thu, 06 Jun 1996 04:00:00

> Hi.

> I got some trouble getting GDB to act acording to my wishes, I've compiled
> a piece of code with the -g switch (using gcc), and when it makes a SIGSEGV
> error in GDB it should then show me the exact line and procedure where it
> made the error, at least more or less.
> This doesnt happen, and instead I get a lot of garbage stuff, with no line
> numbers, but a fake useless procedure name.
> Can anyone explain to me why this is the case and/or tell me how to get rid
> of this troublesome error ?

You should include (some of) the messages, to help us find out what
happens. Without it, we have to do some more or less qualified
guesswork.....

My guess is that what you see is the name of some signal handling
procedure, or maybe a library function. Try to type "up" until you get
"up" to the function in which the error occured.

--

http://www.termo.unit.no/mtf/people/jafitv/         Phone: +47 73596890
  Research Engineer, SINTEF Applied Thermodynamics and Fluid Dynamics

1. help! gdb trouble

Hi everyone.  I have been having troubles with GDB.  I can find and
run the excutables, but when I do a "list", I get "unable to find
default source file" error.  I try to set the search path for the
source, but GDB still cannot find the source.  Any help or hint is
appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

Mike

2. Netscape is the best web brower for Linux? Where is the alternative?

3. GDB troubles with ELF

4. CDE: Command Line Session grayed out

5. gdb/xxgdb terminal trouble

6. kernel boots very slow

7. Trouble with gdb&Linux using transitive linked shared libraries

8. test

9. trouble using gdb on Linux

10. trouble with linux14, gcc, gdb..

11. Interfacing with gdb: How to set a gdb watch point from C++ code?

12. gdb problem (gdb 4.8, gcc 2.6.2)

13. please HELP with GDB output redirect to GDB variable !!!