ZeroKnowledge is Hiring Jr Sys Admin

Post by zeroj.. » Thu, 25 Nov 1999 04:00:00

Why do the press use headlines like "Geek Dream Job" when they write
articles about Zero-Knowledge?  It might have something to do with our
 generous stock option policy. Then again, it could be our cool loft
 space, located on funky St-Laurent Blvd in Montreal. Maybe it's all the
perks, like free espresso, laundry service and massages. If you ask us,
it's got more to do with the exhilaration of bringing freedom to every
 Internet user on the planet, and revolutionizing the concepts of
privacy  and identity in the process. That and the fact that we're
building the  web's next killer app.

The System Admin/ Operator  will be a vital  contributor of  an
operation team that is responsible for managing our Freedom Network.
The System Administrator/ Operator  will be expected to seamlessly
operate, monitor and maintain the company's Linux Server based
 production facilities.

The qualified individual will have the appropriate experience to
configure, troubleshoot, and monitor hardware, software and network
performance (This is not an internal {IS} LAN/WAN support position.)
Position is full-time on shift hours at our office in Montreal, Canada,
should be flexible to work weekends.

The ideal candidate will have strong  customer service skills, is an
effective communicator, and enjoy working in a team environment.

Experience and Skills:
-1 + year  Linux system administration experience required, preferably
at an ISP or Internet related company
-Familiarity with the network protocol  TCP/IP and  DNS is an asset.
-Scripting skills using Perl & UNIX programming in a networked
environment.

We are looking to hire 3 people for this job, right away, so make haste,
 apply online at www.jobs.zeroknowledge.com or reply to this posting.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Peter Caffi » Sun, 28 Nov 1999 04:00:00

> Why do the press use headlines like "Geek Dream Job" when they write
> articles about Zero-Knowledge?  It might have something to do with our
>  generous stock option policy. Then again, it could be our cool loft
>  space, located on funky St-Laurent Blvd in Montreal. Maybe it's all the
> perks, like free espresso, laundry service and massages.

Well, it definitely isn't your company's grasp of Internet netiquette.
Job ads go to job ads newsgroups. Posting them here is more likely to give
the impression that your company's... well... clueless.

[...]

--
 _           _    _ _

| (/_|(/_|  |_(_|| | || |  http://it.net.au/~pc |
        PO Box 869, Hillarys WA 6923, AUSTRALIA |

ZeroKnowledge is Hiring Jr Sys Admin

Post by Charles Blackbu » Wed, 01 Dec 1999 04:00:00

On Sat, 27 Nov 1999 14:59:18 +0800, Peter Caffin blurted:

>> Why do the press use headlines like "Geek Dream Job" when they write
>> articles about Zero-Knowledge?  It might have something to do with our
>>  generous stock option policy. Then again, it could be our cool loft
>>  space, located on funky St-Laurent Blvd in Montreal. Maybe it's all the
>> perks, like free espresso, laundry service and massages.

>Well, it definitely isn't your company's grasp of Internet netiquette.
>Job ads go to job ads newsgroups. Posting them here is more likely to give
>the impression that your company's... well... clueless.

well maybe that's why he wants people :) to teach them how to use it
properly :-))

--
Charles Blackburn
Summerfield Technology Limited - Official SuSE Reseller

WWW: http://www.summerfieldtechnology.co.uk

1. Zero-Knowledge is hiring a Jr Linux Sys Admin

[...]

2. Driver Problems Kernel 2.3.99/Multisound Classic

3. US CA SF Jr. Unix Sys Admin position

4. XP can't be cracked. - Right.

5. US CA SF Jr. UNIX SYS ADMIN NEEDED

6. /var/sadm/pkg/*/save OK to delete?

7. Management of Jr. Unix Sys Admin

8. How to tell XF86 to use a higher clock for G200 SD?

9. US-CA-Jr.Sys.Admin.Unix-Recruiter

10. JOB: JR. SYS Admin

11. Jr. Sys Admin In Need of Assistance

12. Looking for 2 junior solaris sys admins to hire.

13. difference between Sys Admin & Sys Analyst?