Getting a key to open the main menu in gnome?

Getting a key to open the main menu in gnome?

Post by gagor » Wed, 16 Jan 2002 10:52:24

How do i get Gnome to recognize a key to open the main menu in Gnome
sort of like the windows key to open the start menu in microsofts
win98...

Post by Vladimir Florinsk » Wed, 16 Jan 2002 12:43:35

> How do i get Gnome to recognize a key to open the main menu in Gnome
> sort of like the windows key to open the start menu in microsofts
> win98...

In Control Center select Panel->Miscellaneous, then look under Key
Bindings. Now was it difficult to find or what?
--

Vladimir

1. Gnome Panel sub-menu Popup time in main menu

I have just installed Mandrake 8.0 with Gnome and I have a question
about the main menu in the gnome panel. When I pass the mouse over a
sub-menu, this sub-menu appears immediatly. This is annoying when I
want to access the top sub-menu item since I have to see all the
others appearing and dissappearing quite rapidly. Is there any way to
slow down the "time to appeareance" of the menu lists? Or can I simply
set it so that I have to click on a sub-menu to see its content? I
have read the gnome-panel help files, and I have tried to configure it
via the gnome control panel without success.

The gnome panel version is 1.4.0.2

Thanks!

2. determining the config from a kernel binary

3. no gnome main menu with gnome and tcsh at suse 7.2

4. M$ Targets Perl?

5. no gnome main menu with tcsh

6. Alias in script?

7. Main menu bar in GNOME disappear!

8. y2k patch 107587-01 failure

9. gnome main menu gone?

10. Gnome desktop - missing main menu, everything......help

11. Why are there items in main menu that cant be removed in menu editor?

12. Gnome and windows "menu" key

13. put User Menu in a mouse pop-up menu in Gnome/Enlightenment?