Informix-4gl (SCO-Port) on Linux

Post by Andreas Betti » Fri, 30 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hello!

I would install the Informix-4gl-SCO-Port on my Linux-Box. All seems to be
normal, but the installation-routine give me following error while
installation:

libc: setlocale: LC_CTYPE: no LANG= line in /etc/default/lang
libc: setlocale: LC_CTYPE: LANG= syntax error in /etc/default/lang

I have created in /etc/default/ a file "lang" with the entry:

LANG=de_DE.ISO8859-1
LANG=C_C.C

This entry i collect from our SCO-Box. The de_DE.ISO8859-1 is from my
digital-unix-box. Original SCO-Lang was english_us or so...But this doesn't
work.....

What have i done wrong with the Language, is there an difference between SCO
and Linux?

Have anyone an idea or have done this in the past?

Greetings

Andy M. Bettin

Informix-4gl (SCO-Port) on Linux

Post by Kurt Wa » Mon, 02 Nov 1998 04:00:00

Using recycled bits, Andreas Bettin pleaded:
%Hello!
%
%I would install the Informix-4gl-SCO-Port on my Linux-Box. All seems to be
%normal, but the installation-routine give me following error while
%installation:

See my sig for pointers to the relevant HOWTOs.

--
Kurt Wall
Informix on Linux FAQ: http://www.users.uswest.net/~kwall/iolfaq.html

1. Informix-4GL, C, Unix and shell script programmers

Location: Milano, Italy
Company: InfoMedia S.C.a r.l.
Job: Programmer/Analyst
Expertise: Informix-4GL, C,  Knowledge of Unix and shell script.
Must: 2 years of experience
Contact: Luca Malagola

For information regarding our current requirements
please email your ASCII resume.

Address:P.Le Lavater, 3 20129 MILANO, ITALY

Voice:          +39-2-29527775
Fax:    +39-2-29527775

2. FS: SGI Origin 200 Servers

3. Color-Problem with Informix-4GL 4.16.UC2

4. common FUD about X11

5. ITALY: Informix-4GL, C, Knowledge of Unix and shell script.

6. Recommend a video capture card?

7. Recommended source code mgmt system for informix-4gl applications

8. Serial answering and dialing out

9. ITALY: Informix-4GL, C, Knowledge of Unix and shell script.

10. Informix-4gl

11. Informix 4Gl under linux link errors

12. Anyone running Informix 4GL/SE on Linux or FreeBSD?