installation problem

Post by David Lafreni√® » Wed, 30 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi, I've been trying to install red hat linux 6.0 on my computer but I
have a problem using the boot/install disk.  When I boot with this
disk it says:

uncompressing Linux

crc error
--system halted

and then the system freezes.

Does anybody know what's going on?  Is there anything I can do to fix
this problem?  I tried making a new disk but that didn't help.
Anyway, the problem doesn't come from the disk cause I've installed
linux on another system using the same disk.

My system: Pentium 166 MMX
                  32 MB RAM EDO
                  TItanium motherboard with award modular bios

Thank you very much!!!!!!!!

1. installation problem - system restart in the middle of installation

I have been trying to install Red Hat Linux 7.1 on a system that has
Win 98. But during the installation of linux, my computer will restart
for no apparent reason. Sometimes it will restart while loading the
configurations or sometime during file copying. Does anyone know a
solution to this problem??

I tired install Win 2000 on the same system and the same thing happens
too.

2. How do I copy files from my floppy to linux

3. TRUE NEWS - NON-BIASED

4. Thanks ..was : HELP ANOTHER PPP STROKE VICTIM.......

5. Installation problems, problems, problems!

6. HP LaserJet 6L and Solaris

7. PCI and Harddrive problems installation problems

8. Installation Problems with 4.4 and 4.5 (partition problem)

9. GS 5.01 INSTALLATION PROBLEMS ON LINUX--JPEG/MAKE PROBLEM

10. two installation problems with 2.9

11. Solaris8 x86 installation problem