Lost consoles after remote shutdown

Post by Ripp » Tue, 28 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I know, smack me! :)

I remember this problem being posted a while back, but I can't seems to find it
anymore. I think the problem was caused by issuing a shutdown either from and X
console window or from a remote telnet session/su'd as root.

Basically, all goes fine while booting, gets to the end of rc.local and
*appears* to stop.
I can telnet in just fine, and all other services, etc. seem to be working. I
just can't access any of my "local" consoles.  What do I need to do to fix it?
Thanks....

1. Taskbar "shutdown" button lost its options for shutdown

An other one of the KDE weirdies ...

The "shutdown / disconnect" button in my KDE 222 Mandrake (8.2 with
2.4.18 kernel) taskbar has lost its options effects ...
Options are : disconnect, shutdown, restart

Whatever the option, now, it wont shut or restart. it just disconnect
and brings me to the desktop login screen.

Any idea ?

BTW : has anyone come across this one : I have 4 desktops, each with a
specific background. When I launch Kwintv (0.8.11, compiled by ASP,
found on rpmfind), the backgrounds are not changed anymore when
switching desktop ...

Open a new section on annoyances.org ?

2. RH 6.1 upgrade or install?

3. Informix problems afters Y2K Solaris 2.5 patch

4. Linux on an IBM S/390 anyone?

5. callback, ppp, and morning-afters

6. Chenging Console font

7. LOST LOST LOST

8. check shell script's syntax?

9. Losing secondary IDE after a shutdown

10. kernel 2.4.6 upgrade and lost "Power off on Shutdown" option

11. losing routing table on shutdown

12. lost shutdown messages

13. Linux shutdown loses CDROM: WHY?