Problems with Win95 and Samba

Post by Wayne Hendrick » Fri, 17 Mar 2000 04:00:00

Hey All

I am running samba 2.0.5a on rh 6.1 and have it up and running fine. My
win95 workstations can connect and the drives and printers map beautifully.
I can run programs I've set up and can write files and directories to the
server but .....

when I open windows explorer on my computer the files are not displayed. If
I go into the dos prompt and go to the drive they are there. All the files
are the standard dos 8.3 format and no funny characters. Am I missing
something?

My win95 machines are all 95 b.

Any help I can get will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Wayne

Post by Usman Muzaffa » Sat, 18 Mar 2000 04:00:00

> Hey All

> I am running samba 2.0.5a on rh 6.1 and have it up and running fine. My
> win95 workstations can connect and the drives and printers map beautifully.
> I can run programs I've set up and can write files and directories to the
> server but .....

> when I open windows explorer on my computer the files are not displayed. If
> I go into the dos prompt and go to the drive they are there. All the files
> are the standard dos 8.3 format and no funny characters. Am I missing
> something?

> My win95 machines are all 95 b.

> Any help I can get will be greatly appreciated.

> Thanks
> Wayne

Isn't there something about Browse master for a network for you to
be able to browse systems in the network neighborhood? Or perhaps
its just a permissions problem on your mounted files?

just guessing,
-usman

1. getting win95 shares on win95 machines to map with a login script with samba and win95

Howdy
This may be a win95 question
I have 2 win95 boxes logging into a samba "domain" and running login
scripts
I have the two machines both running login scripts and mapping drives
on the samba server no problem at all
but when u add shares that are on other win95 machines it always
prompts me for a password no matter how many times i log into them
it is driving me nuts
i have already deleted the password files on both 95 machines and
tryied it over it still prompts me for a password but only on the
win95 shares the ones on the samba server go thru no problem and no
prompting
if anyone knows how to do this it would be a great help
Jeff

2. Problems with Intel740 Chip

3. samba: win95->linux works, linux->win95 doesnt

4. dosemu and diamond stealth 64 (964) VRAM configuration

5. Matrox Mystique ands X.

6. Ohio UNIX Opportunities

7. connecting problems: samba + Win95

8. Duplicate stderr

9. Problems in Win95 connecting to Linux Samba server running PPP

10. WIn95 'Disk Full' problem on samba

11. Samba problem connecting with win95

12. Samba in mixed RH5.2/NT/Win95/Win98 environment domain problem

13. Samba/Win95 file copy problem