ATI Graphics Xpression 2MB DRAM Video card & X?

ATI Graphics Xpression 2MB DRAM Video card & X?

Post by Rick Forriste » Fri, 05 Jan 1996 04:00:00

Am trying to find out if anyone out there is currently using an ATI
Graphics Xpression video card with Linux & X windows.  I've been trying
to use a new Diamond Stealth 64 VRAM 2MB card (968/IBM524 RAMDAC) with
my older Gateway 2000 CrystalScan 1024NI monitor (and, no, right now I
can't upgrade the monitor); so am considering the move to a better
supported monitor.  Doesn't help the Diamond situation that asking the
company for info is about like asking for cash donations...

Rick Forrister

Post by LawM » Thu, 11 Jan 1996 04:00:00

0> Am trying to find out if anyone out there is currently using an ATI
0> Graphics Xpression video card with Linux & X windows.  I've been trying
0> to use a new Diamond Stealth 64 VRAM 2MB card (968/IBM524 RAMDAC) with
0> my older Gateway 2000 CrystalScan 1024NI monitor (and, no, right now I
0> can't upgrade the monitor); so am considering the move to a better
0> supported monitor.  Doesn't help the Diamond situation that asking the
0> company for info is about like asking for cash donations...
0>
0> Rick Forrister

Your card is supported. Just run xf86config after you installed Linux and you
have logged in as root. Then just follow the instructions. If you feel the
need to exit at any time, just do a CTRL-C.

Cheerios.

P.S> The Mach64 cipset is also supported in X.

"When death beckons, silence covers us like a dark shroud".
Nortel Transport and Broadband Networks (Montreal, Canada).