Microtek Scanmaker 35t+

Post by henk van der knaa » Fri, 16 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Dear Readers,

I have been trying to use the Microtek Scanmaker 35 plus under Linux with
the Sane software package. It does work under Windows on the same machine.
My Microtek Scanmaker II works without any problems whatsoever, when I use
scanimage or xscanimage with Gimp.

The kernel reports the following when booting up:

aha152x: BIOS test: passed, detected 1 controller(s) aha152x0: vital data:
PORTBASE=0x140, IRQ=11, SCSI ID=7, reconnect=enabled, parity=enabled,
synchronous=disabled, delay=100, extended translation=disabled aha152x:
trying software interrupt, ok. scsi0 : Adaptec 152x SCSI driver;
$Revision: 1.7 $ scsi : 1 host.
  Vendor: Microtek  Model: ScanMaker 35t+    Rev: 1.40
  Type:   Scanner                            ANSI SCSI revision: 01 CCS
parport0: PC-style at 0x378 [SPP,PS2]
parport0: no IEEE-1284 device present.

find-scanner gives the following message:

find-scanner: searching for scanners:
find-scanner: checking /dev/scanner... open ok
find-scanner: found scanner "Microtek ScanMaker 35t+ 1.40" at device
/dev/scanner
find-scanner: checking /dev/sg0... open ok
find-scanner: found scanner "Microtek ScanMaker 35t+ 1.40" at device /dev/sg0

This means that the scanner is present and somehow recognised.

However scanimage gives the following error message:
scanimage -d microtek /dev/scanner

Scanimage: open of device microtek failed: Invalid argument.

Does anybody have any idea what is going on here, or what I am doing
wrong? Is there anybody who has had the same experience? Should I maybe
change the SCSCI ID?

Any help would be much appreciated. Also many thanks to the people who
answered my query about laser printers.

Many thanks from

Henk

Henk van der Knaap,