Installing SuSE from HD

Post by Jeff Goodma » Wed, 14 Jul 1999 04:00:00

> Stewart Honsberger was talking... AGAIN...
> : Did you try /hdb1/6.0 ?

> Okay, so I'm a moron.  It was on hdc...  ;-)  Anyways... I'm now having
> probs. getting the network up and running... I've messed around with
> HOSTNAME, resolv.conf, and a few others... anything that I might be
> missing?  I can't even seem to get anything via IP address, so I
> dunno what it is.  thanks y'all....

> --
> Daniel E. Forester
> Georgia Institute of Technology
> http://www.prism.gatech.edu/~gte061f/

> Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a night...   Set him
> on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Have you tried YAST?  If not, su to root and give it shot.  Select
"System Adminiistration" then "Network Configuration," then go through
the options.

If this doesn't bear fruit, try posting again with more details
regarding symptoms.  Good luck.

Jeff

Installing SuSE from HD

Post by Stewart Honsberg » Thu, 15 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Quote:>: windows) called 6.0.  D:\6.0.  So, I put in hdb\6.0, and hdb1\6.0, and
>: neither could find it.  Any suggestions?  Should I move the files to the

>Yes, I did actually put, "hdb/6.0", and "hdb1/6.0", not like I wrote
>above.   ;-)  Still thinking in dos....

Did you try /hdb1/6.0 ?

--

Humming along under SuSE Linux 6.0 / OS/2 Warp 4

1. Installing Suse Linux on a UDMA ATA 66 HD

I have the Quantum Fireball 13GB CX U ATA connected to the Soyo SY 6BA +IV
Motherboard.
The setup begins normally but when YaST comes to the point where it detects
partitions it can't find any useful partition.
I have to add that my HD is also not shown in System Information in the
Setup menus? Does anybody have a solution to this problem i.e.. a suitable
kernel module. I have to add that I want to install Linux in an extended
partition of my HD. I would appreciate any help and suggestion you send to

Thank you!!!

2. Help needed setting up httpd

3. SuSE 6.1 HD install

4. Is there a port of the editor Brief for Linux?

5. SUSE 5.0: LILO won't install on SCSI-HD

6. grep help

7. Suse 6.0 HD install PLEASE HELP

8. Slackware 3.0 & 2940UW

9. SuSE install from HD

10. SuSe 6.0 HD install?

11. Suse Linux Install on 2nd HD

12. Suse through HD install

13. installing red hat from HD with minimal HD size