> i'm running ipmasqing on redhat 6.1 and don't know how to make my logs
> automatically rotate themselves. i have to go down every few days and clean
> them out so they don't fill up my hard drive. can anyone tell me how to do
> this, or send me a link so you don't have to explain it to me?
Dept. of Mathematics, Northwestern Univ., Evanston, IL 60208
1. IPChains quits logging when logs rotate
Not specifically a firewall question, but when my log
files rotate (RH 6.1, 2.2.18), IPchains quits logging the
packets its rejecting. There are several hosts that regularly
ping me, so I know its a logging problem. What's in the new
log file is syslogd restart messages and the log of me
logging in and su'ing to root. Reloading the chains script
(for other reasons) doesn't change anything.
Folsom, CA 95630 | I don't speak for Intel & vise versa
3. apache log directory, restarting server after rotating logs.
4. tcp remote printer help needed
5. Rotating a log file..... (script question)
9. rotating ipfilter firewall log
12. Newsyslog not rotating logs properly
13. Another log rotating problem...