HELP: SAMSUNG HD

Post by Ming-Hsin Sh » Wed, 24 May 1995 04:00:00

Hi,
I am actually posting this for a friend.  He is thinking of buying a second hard drive
to install Linux with it.  He shops around and found a SAMSUNG HD in a local store,
He asked about my opinion.  Be honest, I have never heard about any SAMSUNG HD.
What's their reliability?  and performance?  Compatible with Linux?  I think the last
2 questions are less critical, but data is surely to precious to loss.  Does anyone have
experience with it?  Thanks.

Ming

HELP: SAMSUNG HD

Post by Nick M » Fri, 02 Jun 1995 04:00:00

    Ming-Hsin> Hi, I am actually posting this for a friend.  He is
    Ming-Hsin> thinking of buying a second hard drive to install Linux
    Ming-Hsin> with it.  He shops around and found a SAMSUNG HD in a
    Ming-Hsin> local store, He asked about my opinion.  Be honest, I
    Ming-Hsin> have never heard about any SAMSUNG HD.  What's their
    Ming-Hsin> reliability?  and performance?  Compatible with Linux?
    Ming-Hsin> I think the last 2 questions are less critical, but
    Ming-Hsin> data is surely to precious to loss.  Does anyone have
    Ming-Hsin> experience with it?  Thanks.

    Ming-Hsin> Ming

I have been thrashing an IDE 250MB Samsung HD for the past 18 months under both
Linux and messydos without any problems whatsoever.

--

Business Systems Administrator | Voice: +61 8 256 0247    | Elizabeth
AWA Defence Industries Pty Ltd | Fax  : +61 8 255 9117    | Sth Australia 5112

1. Samsung HD and file system errors !

I have an Samsung HD 2.1 GB on a AMD 5x86 -PC with SuSE-Linux 6.2:

Sometimes, even though I shutdown with init 0 or shutdown now -h, I get
error messages upon booting :

hda3 contains a file system with errors, after on fsck run manually and
even after a repair this happens frequently !

Is there an problem on using init 0 or with Samsung HD no supported by
standard kernel.
Can somebody help

2. Problem mounting msdos floppy!

3. Samsung HD and file system errors

4. how to setup freebsd dail up?

5. Samsung VG3xxxx HD series incompatibilities w/ Red Hat 5.0

6. linux compatibility issues

7. kernel 2.1.105 + udma + VXPRO motherboard + SAMSUNG 3.4 Gb hd = random crash

8. Virtual CD Drive

9. Samsung SCSI HD compatibility

10. HELP HELP HELP: my new SCSI HD locks my system (QUANTUM FIREBALL TM 2110S - AHA1740A)

11. HELP: monitor Samsung

12. Help on Intel Express 3D and Samsung 7e

13. Help Samsung 4X CD ROM