Linux 1.2.0 and acct and quota

Post by Patrick Reijn » Sun, 12 Mar 1995 21:49:38

Hi guys,

I am trying to setup Linux kernel 1.2.0 on my system.
So far I have seen two problems:

1) ftape 2.02 will not compile until you have added
#include <linux/mm.h> in three files as the VERIFY_READ
and VERIFY_WRITE needed there are defined in this file.

2) I want to use acct and quota. So far I cannot find out
how to arrange this. Can somebody tell me what files I'll need
to ge this working.

Thanks for helping,

Patrick Reijnen

--
************************* Patrick Reijnen *************************
* Department of Computer Science, Catholic University of Nijmegen *

* WWW:    http://zeus.cs.kun.nl:4080/homepage.html                *

Linux 1.2.0 and acct and quota

Post by Keith You » Thu, 16 Mar 1995 04:51:27

: I am trying to setup Linux kernel 1.2.0 on my system.

: 2) I want to use acct and quota. So far I cannot find out
: how to arrange this. Can somebody tell me what files I'll need
: to ge this working.

        First, you need quota-1.33.tar.gz from
sunsite.unc.edu:/pub/Linux/system/admin (I think). You will also need the
kernel patch also from sunsite in the /pub/Linux/kernel/patches/misc. The
file is named kdiff-quota+acct-1.1.94.tar.gz (Or something like that).

Good luck.

--Keith Young