AUTO-REDIAL PPPGO <<<<<<<

Post by Tu Tri » Tue, 22 Dec 1998 04:00:00

Hi there,

I am using 'ppp-go' which come with slackware3.5 to connect my linux box
into my school Xyplex server...but the line is always busy and it's really
hard to get connected during the business hours. And the school Xyplex
server always disconnects my PPP connection every 4 hours .... and I have
to type in manually the command 'ppp-go' again and again of thousand times
when I receive the busy signal or everytime I get disconnected from the
ISP after 4 hours of connection period.

What I am trying to learn is how to write a script which help me to keep
dialing into the Xyplex server until my linux machine get connected
and automatic redialing when my linux box get disconnected.
I'm so tired of sitting there and issue the command again and again.
Would someone give me an advise or point me the way to solve this problem?
Thanks for any of your respond.

Tu T.

AUTO-REDIAL PPPGO <<<<<<<

Post by Codifex Maximu » Tue, 22 Dec 1998 04:00:00

> Hi there,

> I am using 'ppp-go' which come with slackware3.5 to connect my linux box
> into my school Xyplex server...but the line is always busy and it's really
> hard to get connected during the business hours. And the school Xyplex
> server always disconnects my PPP connection every 4 hours .... and I have
> to type in manually the command 'ppp-go' again and again of thousand times
> when I receive the busy signal or everytime I get disconnected from the
> ISP after 4 hours of connection period.

> What I am trying to learn is how to write a script which help me to keep
> dialing into the Xyplex server until my linux machine get connected
> and automatic redialing when my linux box get disconnected.
> I'm so tired of sitting there and issue the command again and again.
> Would someone give me an advise or point me the way to solve this problem?
> Thanks for any of your respond.

> Tu T.

Check out LinuxConf.  Go to freshmeat.net for software.

--

=======================================

=======================================
My opinions are mine alone - though others may borrow...

1. AUTO REDIAL PPPGO <<<<<<

[...]

2. Sound card survey. Please respond!

3. <<<<<soundconfig problem <<<<<<<

4. handling archives with konqueror

5. I need a example of X .twmrc file PLEASE <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

6. gcc troubles (odd stuff during build)

7. SOLARIS 2.3 NOT getting the NAMESERVER <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

8. crossbasic on ethernet

9. AUTO-REDIAL PPPGP O <<<<<<

10. Script for makeing whole bunch of account of sol. 2.3 <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

12. How can grep the 8th of Field <<<<<<<<

13. How can I trap a user in script <-<-<-<-<-<-<-<-