PDF Viewer for Linux?

Post by Peter Schmi » Fri, 20 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Is there a PDF Viewer for Linux.  Adobe doesn't seem to support it
yet?

-pete
---
Peter Schmitt                                {####}
http://voyager.whoi.edu/~pete                 {###}

     _______________ |_______|__/-\__|-|_^_/-\__||_n ====
  n_/  Woods Hole   \_ |[][] |----------------|----| \
  |   Oceanographic   || UNIX ________________|_|| |     Ph: 508/289-2877
  |    Institution    | ------/ ==__---__ ====--||-      Fx: 508/457-2174
 q|===================|_|=====__/ =======|=====[__]-p    Woods Hole, MA 02543
____( )( )______( )( )__________\  /_\  /_\ /_________________________________

PDF Viewer for Linux?

Post by Uwe Bonn » Sat, 21 Sep 1996 04:00:00

: Is there a PDF Viewer for Linux.  Adobe doesn't seem to support it
: yet?
There is ghostscript with gv as frontend and there is xpdf. Inofficial news
rumour that ADOBE too is doing someyhing for Linux ...

PDF Viewer for Linux?

Post by Uwe Bonn » Sat, 21 Sep 1996 04:00:00

: Is there a PDF Viewer for Linux.  Adobe doesn't seem to support it
: yet?

Look for Adobe's post in this group!

PDF Viewer for Linux?

Post by G Sumner Haye » Sat, 21 Sep 1996 04:00:00

> Is there a PDF Viewer for Linux.  Adobe doesn't seem to support it
> yet?

A beta version of Acrobat is available; see the posts to this group.

Ghostscript views PDF just fine (version 3.53 and up; current version
is at least 4.01).  This is what I use.

xpdf also works.

TTFN,

  Sumner

PDF Viewer for Linux?

Post by Ian Camer » Wed, 25 Sep 1996 04:00:00

>Is there a PDF Viewer for Linux.  Adobe doesn't seem to support it
>yet?

Yeah, there's xpdf, and Adobe has just released acroread for Linux.

Cheers, Ian.

PDF Viewer for Linux?

Post by Timothy Murp » Fri, 27 Sep 1996 04:00:00

>Yeah, there's xpdf, and Adobe has just released acroread for Linux.

I couldn't see a Linux version of acroread at ftp.adobe.com .
Where can it be found ?

--
Timothy Murphy

tel: +353-1-2842366

PDF Viewer for Linux?

Post by J%org Knapp » Fri, 27 Sep 1996 04:00:00

Quote:>Is there a PDF Viewer for Linux.  Adobe doesn't seem to support it
>yet?

Aladdin ghostscript / ghostview now supports PDF viewing.

--J"org Knappen

--
Fachbegriffe der Informatik, Teil 7f:
"Unterstuetzt UNICODE" == "Der Buchstabe `A' kann als `\u0041' eingegeben

PDF Viewer for Linux?

Post by Bin Che » Tue, 01 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> >Is there a PDF Viewer for Linux.  Adobe doesn't seem to support it
> >yet?

check this www site for xpdf viewer that also available for linux

http://www.emrg.com/pdf_sw.html

good luck

David

PDF Viewer for Linux?

Post by Wayn » Wed, 02 Oct 1996 04:00:00

> > >Is there a PDF Viewer for Linux.  Adobe doesn't seem to support it
> > >yet?

That's not what there web page says. :)

--
Wayne

-------------------------------
-- Hit any user to continue. --
-------------------------------

PDF Viewer for Linux?

Post by Thomas Feuersta » Thu, 03 Oct 1996 04:00:00

: >

: > >

: > >
: > > >Is there a PDF Viewer for Linux.  Adobe doesn't seem to support it
: > > >yet?
: > >
: >

: That's not what there web page says. :)
in the meantime adobe supports linux like the other operating systems
(perhaps while there exist tools like xpdf). the acrobat reader runs
fine on my machine.

;-) ThF

PDF Viewer for Linux?

Post by Jeff Web » Fri, 04 Oct 1996 04:00:00

xpdf: http://www.contrib.andrew.cmu.edu/usr/dn0o/xpdf/xpdf.html

or

acroread: http://www.adobe.com/acrobat/3beta/undownload.html#linux

        Jeff

> That's not what there web page says. :)
> --
> Wayne

> -------------------------------
> -- Hit any user to continue. --
> -------------------------------

Lockheed Martin Astronautics, Denver CO USA

1. PDF viewer for FreeBSD

        We have successfully compiled xpdf for FreeBSD 2.1.0.  It's a
pretty good pdf viewer, and the port was nearly brainless to do.  We had
to add two pounds to the Makefile.config and delete two other!  Does
anybody know if there is a better pdf viewer available for FreeBSD?

        If I get time I will try to do the procedure for making xpdf into
a port for FreeBSD.  If someone else has already done this or can give me
a reason why I shouldn't bother just email me.  Thanks

Scott

2. Keeping a process alive?

3. PDF viewer or pdf2html filter ?

4. Java Problems

5. PS/PDF viewer preview in Konqueror problem

6. Will Linux and Novell network happily?

7. PDF viewer for Solaris x86

8. VNC problems

9. pdf/ps viewer not working

10. ANNOUNCE: xpdf 0.92 - a PDF viewer for X

11. PDF-Viewer

12. ANNOUNCE: xpdf 0.4 - a PDF viewer for X

13. xpdf -- a PDF viewer for X