how to get corel login screen vs debian login?

how to get corel login screen vs debian login?

Post by jol.. » Wed, 27 Sep 2000 09:04:58

I recently installed Corel 2ndEdition (into a loopback system).  When i
start linux, instead of giving me the 3D-effect Corel/KDE-style login
screen, it give me the flat "Debian/GNU Linux" login.  Because of this,
I cant access the shutdown feature in the OS.  How can I conf the
system to use the Corel login?

John Morgan

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. Login without login getting recorded into last login file

Is there anyway to login to an account 'as a normal user' without your
login getting recorded into the last login file.

I know that this is a binary file and no one could re-write it. Moreover,
I know that .hushlogin file could also be created in /etc and that would
tell the system not to record the current login, but you would have to be
GOD (root) to be able to create that file in /etc

So, I would appreciate any assistance that anyone could offer on this
matter.

**     WILLIAM GHORISHI                                           **
**     DEPARTMENT OF COMPUTER SCIENCE, UNIVERSITY OF TORONTO      **

**     URL          :   http://www.scar.utoronto.ca/~93ghoris/    **
**     BELIEF       :   "GOD IS REAL, UNLESS CAST TO AN INTEGER!" **

2. XFree86 CVS source tree?

3. Telnet login screen looks different then login screen on box

4. Can't run StarOffice*.*

5. kde login screen instead of gnome login screen

6. NEWBIE: Help me!

7. getting users login name after login from server

8. help mouse trouble

9. Login root in KDE login screen failure.

10. Getting login script to map win95 shares with samba "domain" logins

11. Login manager does not display login screen

12. KDE login screen replaced by XF86 login box

13. XDM login vs remote login (determining which one)