Man page updates.

Post by isc3_smue.. » Fri, 16 Jul 1999 04:00:00

I just updated samba from 1.9.17 to 2.0.3, but the man pages are still
from the old version.  I'm using redhat, so I used the rpm to install
it.  Should the rpm update the man pages too?  or is there somewhere
else i have to go to get the updated man pages?

Stephen Muench

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

1. Why aren't man pages updated by patches?

When Solaris 2.x patches update something in a way that changes the
specification, one sometimes gets some sort of formatted man page
included in the patch directory, with a reference to it in the README.
I am thinking of things like the resolv.conf man page in the resolver
patches, or the ifconfig man page when new options were added to that.

But these are of only marginal usefulness. Why can't the patch update
the man pages in their proper place, as part of the SUNWman package?
Don't tell me [please, don't tell me] that the programs and the man
pages are maintained by different teams... :-*

Chris Thompson               Cambridge University Computing Service,

Phone: +44 1223 334715       United Kingdom.

2. tcsh

3. xman troubles with the man-pages update from the LDP

4. DLPI intrigue

5. man page updating

6. Text in some KDE apps ( Quanta Plus - view source etc)

7. Standard man pages to "Catted" man pages!

8. Can't read man pages, compile kernel, or properly use cua3 on new slackware 3.5 installation

9. How to format BSD man pages (groff man) using "classical" troff man?

10. Updating Man pages

11. SLS update: missing man pages

12. SuSE 7.1 - YOU update run, then Konqueror crashes on man or web pages, Kmail fails

13. Updating man pages